The Master of Science in Global Energy Management (GEM) from the University of Colorado Denver Business School is a graduate business and leadership degree designed to develop future leaders in the energy industry. This 18-month, 36-credit “energy MBA” offered in a hybrid online format offers graduate business courses focused entirely on the energy industry, with a global perspective spanning all energy sectors. The curriculum is taught by expert practitioners and continuously vetted by industry partners.
Career and Learning Outcomes
Most graduates (55%) report an increase in salary by graduation, with 15% receiving an increase of 20% or more. Our graduates often ascend to leadership in their current area, gain the skills to transition to a new role or sector, or even start their own companies.
After completing the GEM program, students will be able to:
- Make strategic business decisions that maximize ROI and serve stakeholder and community interests.
- Perform comprehensive analyses to assess and manage opportunities, risks, operations, and investments.
- Demonstrate a growing executive presence based on confidence, credibility, demeanor, communication, ethics, and personal brand.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage geographically and culturally diverse organizations.
- Manage change to maximize business sustainability through times of increasing disruption.
- Understand the factors that shape energy market conditions and trends.
- Recognize differences in regulatory and social operating environments.
- Duration: 18 months
- Total credits: 36 credits
- Format: Online hybrid program
- Start Dates: Two per year, January & July
- Outcome: 55% of graduates report an increase in salary