The Master of Science in Global Energy Management (GEM) from the University of Colorado Denver Business School, located right in the heart of Denver's energy hub, is a graduate business and leadership degree designed to develop future leaders in the energy industry. This 18-month, 36-credit “energy MBA” offered in a hybrid online format offers grad business courses focused entirely on the energy industry with a global perspective spanning all energy sectors. The curriculum is taught by expert practitioners and continuously vetted by industry partners.
Career and Learning Outcomes
Most graduates (55%) report an increase in salary by graduation, with 15% receiving an increase of 20% or more. Our graduates often ascend to leadership in their current area, gain the skills to transition to a new role or sector, or even start their own companies.
After completing the GEM program, students will be able to:
- Make strategic business decisions that maximize ROI and serve stakeholder and community interests.
- Perform comprehensive analyses to assess and manage opportunities, risks, operations, and investments.
- Demonstrate a growing executive presence based on confidence, credibility, demeanor, communication, ethics, and personal brand.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage geographically and culturally diverse organizations.
- Manage change to maximize business sustainability through times of increasing disruption.
- Understand the factors that shape energy market conditions and trends.
- Recognize differences in regulatory and social operating environments.
- Duration: 18 months
- Total credits: 36 credits
- Format: Online hybrid program
- Start Dates: Two per year, January & July
- Outcome: 55% of graduates report an increase in salary
About the School
Your busy life shouldn't be an obstacle to reach your goals. Wherever you are in your educational journey, wherever you are in the world, we have a program for you. Research the flexible degree and ce ... Read More