Online Master of Science in Data Science
The Master of Science in Data Science program provides students with background and insights into the key mathematical and computer science issues involved in the analysis of massive data sets. Professionals with this expertise can work on behalf of organizations that collect tremendous quantities of data. These organizations employ data scientists to develop effective solutions for distilling meaning from what would otherwise be a disorganized bundle of seemingly disconnected data points. Data Scientists specialize in developing solutions for organizations to accomplish this goal.
- Two concentration options:
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Computer Science
- 100% online format.
- Complete in as little as 2 years.
Why Choose Lewis University?
- Personalized, flexible education that fits your career goals, with the option to choose a targeted concentration area.
- Relatable and engaging coursework is based off real-world examples ensuring that what you are able to fully leverage the skills immediately in your career.
- Experienced faculty who have tremendous industry experience and who share their passion for computer science and the latest learning in a fast-changing field.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants without undergraduate coursework in data science or a related field may have to take additional coursework.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 may be admitted on a conditional basis.
- International students have a TOEFL test score greater than 550 (computer-based 213; Internet-based 79).
Program taught in:
See 19 more programs offered by Lewis University Online »
Last updated April 15, 2019