Online Master of Science in Data Science
Build your skill-set in data mining, data visualization, predictive analysis and data management with Lewis University's online MS in Data Science degree. Students will have the opportunity to leverage cutting-edge cloud computing resources and use an array of techniques and theories such as linear algebra and distributed storage and processing — all to identify trends and solve problems with big data.
- Computer Science Concentration: This concentration approaches data analysis from a programming perspective and prepares students to create large-scale data storage systems that meet the requirements of a given problem, including prescribing the hardware, software, and communication links that must comprise such systems. The courses will immerse students in the design and development of computing projects that enable the processing, interpretation, and presentation of large data sets.
- 100% online format.
- Complete in as little as 2 years.
Why Choose Lewis University?
- Personalized, flexible education that fits your career goals, with the option to choose a targeted concentration area.
- Relatable and engaging coursework is based off real-world examples ensuring that what you are able to fully leverage the skills immediately in your career.
- Experienced faculty who have tremendous industry experience and who share their passion for computer science and the latest learning in a fast-changing field.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants without undergraduate coursework in data science or a related field may have to take additional coursework.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 may be admitted on a conditional basis.
- International students have a TOEFL test score greater than 550 (computer-based 213; Internet-based 79).
Program taught in:
See 19 more programs offered by Lewis University Online »
Last updated April 15, 2019