Take Charge as an Organizational Leader with our Data Analytics Master's Program
From business development to marketing, IT, healthcare, or human resources -- as an authority in data analytics, you will inform crucial business decisions. Depending on your area of interest, responsibilities might include the following:
- Use cutting-edge tools like SAS, Tableau, RapidMiner, SQL, and ETL.
- Develop competitive business strategies and analyze their results.
- Present conclusions visually and in writing to inform expert opinions.
- Direct company initiatives based on analytics.
Contribute to the Success and Agility of Today’s Businesses
Modern businesses are rapidly evolving in an effort to keep up with consumer demands. To stay on top of trends and ahead of competitors, many are hiring teams of data analytics professionals to study metrics and help develop research-driven business strategies.
As a data analytics professional, you will find career opportunities in nearly every industry — from information technology to advertising to pharmaceuticals. You'll spend time working on the following (and much more):
- Conducting research, and creating and analyzing assessments to improve marketing plans.
- Informing product designs.
- Helping decide the best locations for store openings.
Stay on the Cutting Edge as a Data Analytics Leader
CSU Global’s Master's Degree in Data Analytics program is designed to benefit students coming from a wide range of industry backgrounds. Students will emerge with an advanced skill set, including:
- Expertise to apply the newest industry-leading tools.
- The capacity to extract meaningful information from large data sets.
- Ability to identify, address, and provide solutions to business.
What is a Master’s in Data Analytics and What Will I Learn?
Students prepare to be organizational leaders through the use of business intelligence and data analytics. As a Master of Science in Data Analytics (MSDA) student at CSU Global, you build confidence for improved decision-making skills related to processes in a variety of core business functions -- accounting, finance, logistics, management, and strategy.
Master the application of business intelligence solutions and data analytic principles to become an asset in a range of industries. Technical topics prepare you for a number of data-based professions and include:
- Data warehousing
- Data mining and visualization
- Business analytics
- Predictive analytics
- Enterprise performance management
Courses in this Degree
Core Degree Courses (24 Credits)
- RES500* Fundamentals of Quantitative Analysis
- MIS500 Foundations of Data Analytics
- MIS540 Introduction to Business Intelligence
- MIS510 Data Mining and Visualization
- MIS530 Predictive Analytics
- MIS541 Data Warehousing in Enterprise Environments
- MIS542 Business Analytics
- MIS543 Enterprise Performance Management
- MIS581 Capstone - Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- MIS595** Data Analytics Practicum
*Master's Plus - Some M.S. in Data Analytics students may be required to take RES500 as part of their program if they have an undergraduate GPA below 3.00. In this case, the degree is 39 credits.
**MIS595 is an optional course that provides students with practical data analytics experience. This course may not be available in all states.
Data Analytics Master's Degree Specialization (12 Credits)
When you earn your master's degree through CSU Global, you will customize it with a graduate specialization in a subject that matches your professional goals or personal interests.
- Cyber Security
- Fraud Management
- Human Resource Performance
- Information Technology
- Organizational Learning and Performance
Data Analytics Master’s Program Specific Admission Requirements
In addition to meeting CSU Global graduate admission standards, MSDA students must have an undergraduate degree with a major or concentration in one of the following:
- Information systems
- Information technology
- Computer Science
- Database management
Additionally, you will need to demonstrate that you have taken at least introductory courses in these three areas:
- Computer programming
- Database management
If you do not meet those conditions, you may qualify for provisional admittance. If so, you may be required to complete one or more of the courses below as prerequisites to the MSDA program coursework.
- MIS470 – Data Science Foundation
- MIS407 – Database Concepts
To gain full admission, provisionally admitted students must complete their assigned prerequisite courses within 12 months of starting and achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0. All coursework must also be completed with a grade of “C” or higher.
Why You Should Earn Your Online Master’s Degree
Earning your online master’s degree through CSU Global provides you with more than just the diploma you need to get noticed. With an emphasis on real-world concepts and career-relevant skills, you get training and experience along with your credit hours. Additionally, CSU Global strives to make your education as affordable as possible. With our Tuition Guarantee, your tuition rate won’t increase over time! Instead, you’ll enjoy the same low rate for the duration of your enrollment at CSU Global.
- Online accredited degrees
- No set times or locations
- Monthly class start
- Accelerated courses
Learn Valuable Skills
CSU Global’s MSDA students develop both hard and soft skills to get the career they deserve, while also gaining the knowledge, insight, and confidence necessary for long-term growth as a leader. After completing the program successfully, you will be equipped to:
- Recommend appropriate actions in ethical situations where business analytics have an impact.
- Extract, transform, integrate, load, and access large data sets.
- Employ business intelligence solutions for business forecasting and analytics.
- Evaluate principles of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics to address challenges.
- Articulate analytical conclusions and recommendations in written and visual formats.
19% Growth Projected Within The Field
- Employment for computer and information research scientists is expected to grow significantly faster than the all-occupation average.
$86,873 Average Salary
- According to the BLS, the average annual salary for computer information research scientists and database professionals is more than $86k.
Database Scientist, Operations Analyst, Database Architect
- Some job titles you might obtain with an MSDA. Others include Enterprise Performance (CRM) Analyst, Fraud Analyst, or Database Analyst.
A CSU Global Master’s Degree in Data Analytics can contribute to your overall career advancement. This program serves as preparation for employment with, or promotion in, the following:
- Private and public corporations
- Nonprofit organizations
Graduate Standard Admission
Applicants are eligible for admission into a graduate program if they have earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.00 or better (on a 4.00 scale) is preferred. For those applicants with an undergraduate GPA lower than 3.00, a graduate degree (or higher) GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) can also be used for admission. Applicants with an undergraduate GPA below 3.00 may apply for Provisional Admission. Applicants with an undergraduate GPA lower than 3.00 and a graduate GPA lower than 3.00 may also apply for Provisional Admission.
Graduate Conditional Admission
Applicants who have submitted copies of unofficial transcripts from all prior institutions may be admitted conditionally upon recommendation of the Admissions Committee or its designee. The unofficial transcripts must demonstrate the applicant is qualified for admission (pending receipt of official transcripts).
Students admitted conditionally cannot begin courses in their first term until all official transcripts are on file with the university. If all official transcripts are not on file by the start of the term, the student will need to postpone to a later start date.
Students will be notified that they have achieved full admit status once all official transcripts have been received.
Graduate Provisional Admission
If the applicant does not qualify for standard admission or was suspended, expelled, or placed on academic warning/probation at their most recent institution, CSU Global may admit an applicant under provisional status if the application meets the minimum rubric requirements and is recommended by the Admissions Committee or Provost. CSU Global reserves the right to access and review academic history as deemed relevant. Each provisional application will be reviewed under the Provisional Admissions Rubric. It is highly recommended applicants take their time preparing all materials for consideration. In addition to other application materials, applicants seeking admission under provisional status must also submit:
- A formal, written, 500-word Statement of Purpose
- A detailed professional resume that includes all collegiate work, professional employment, special skills or competencies, publications, exhibitions, prizes, awards, and service activities.
- SmarterMeasure Assessment
Students admitted provisionally may not begin courses in their first term until all official transcripts and/or the Admit Less Credit Form are on file with the university. The applicant will be notified of any additional conditions or coursework beyond the standard degree requirement prior to enrollment and may be limited to an enrollment of one course during their first term. Students who fail to meet the conditions of their provisional admission status may be denied admission and administratively withdrawn. Students who are denied admission may appeal the decision by completing the "Re-Entry Appeal" form. All outstanding student account balances must be paid in full and all official transcripts must be on file prior to consideration of the appeal by the Student Success Committee. If a re-entry appeal is approved, financial aid eligibility is reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine if a student would qualify to receive federal student loans.
Graduate students may be considered for provisional admission if there are positive indicators of graduate success through a review of additional documentation (e.g., high GRE or GMAT scores, undergraduate performance in upper-division courses, graduate course success, relevant professional experience, or outstanding professional achievement).
Graduate applicants who do not meet standard admissions requirements or who have content-area deficiencies may be required to complete RES500 Fundamentals of Quantitative Analysis or RES501 Fundamentals of Research and Writing as part of their degree requirements. These courses prepare students to successfully meet the learning objectives of their degree program.
Once provisionally admitted, students must complete six (6) credit hours and earn a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher and a course completion rate of 66.66% or higher in order to be eligible for full admission. When the conditions are met, the student will be notified they have achieved full admission status.
Graduate International Admission
International applicants are defined as individuals who either completed their prior education at a foreign (non-English) institution or are non-native English speakers. Please note that CSU Global is not a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) certified school and does not participate in issuing or recertification of student visas.
In addition to meeting standard admissions requirements, international applicants interested in enrolling in courses at CSU Global must submit documentation of English proficiency. While alternative English proficiency measurements may be considered for provisional admission, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exams are preferred. Applicants must arrange to have official score reports sent directly from the testing agency to CSU- Global. The TOEFL score recovery code CSU Global is 8824. Unofficial score photocopies and test scores older than two (2) years will not be accepted.
Graduate applicants who have earned a bachelor's degree at a non-U.S. institution must have their transcripts reviewed by an approved evaluation service in order to be considered for admission. Official transcript evaluations must be sent directly from the evaluation service to CSU Global. Approved evaluation services are listed at http://www.naces.org/. Transcripts evaluated by AACRAO are also accepted. As a minimum, the evaluation must indicate equivalency to the completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited university and include cumulative GPA. Graduate applicants who have not completed with an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution located in the United States or in one of the English speaking countries listed on the CIA World Factbook website must also demonstrate an appropriate level of English language proficiency. These students must submit one of the following to be eligible for admission:
- The internet-based or paper-based version of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 60 on the Internet exam, 173 on the computer exam, or 500 on the paper exam is required for admittance.
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS), including academic writing and academic reading modules. A minimum score of 5.0 is required for admittance.
- An official transcript indicating completion of an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- An official transcript indicating a grade of C or higher (2.00 on a 4.00 scale) in an English composition course from a regionally-accredited U.S. college or university. The course must be equivalent to U.S college composition and the class must have been completed within the last (2) years.
- An official transcript indicating the applicant has passed the U.S. General Education Development (GED) test within the last five (5) years.
- An official transcript showing completion of a baccalaureate or master's level credential from a regionally accredited U.S. institution with an overall GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) or higher.
All scores or transcripts must be sent directly to CSU Global directly from the issuing organization. Photocopied, faxed, emailed, or unofficial documents will not be accepted.
About the School
Online education isn't just something we do, it's the only thing we do. CSU Global is committed to student success and helping modern learners achieve their academic and workplace goals through high-q ... Read More