Executive Program in General Management
The Executive Program in General Management (EPGM) introduces mid-career managers and leaders from emerging markets to the latest in MIT thought leadership on innovation, strategy, decision-making, and leadership.
The program exposes participants to the MIT ecosystem, leading MIT faculty, and frameworks. Over the course of 6-7 months, participants learn the skills they need to move to the next level in their companies and the next phase in their careers. This unique multi-modular program is designed around MIT Sloan Executive Education's three Executive Certificate tracks:
- Management and Leadership
- Strategy and Innovation
- Technology, Operations, and Value Chain Management
Why should you Consider this Program?
Engage with MIT Sloan's world-class faculty around both their latest research and the "tried and true" methods in such areas as strategy, entrepreneurship, decision making, and innovation.
- Make new, life-long connections with experienced business people from a wide variety of cultures, industries, and backgrounds.
- Develop critical leadership and change management skills via feedback and group coaching.
- Experience the culture and heritage of MIT especially around innovation.
- Focus on taking practical action: "How does what I'm learning to make me a better leader and a more valuable contributor to my business?"
- Apply program learnings to a project of real importance and value to each participant and their careers.
- Apply systemic, cross-functional and cross-border lenses to current business issues.
Program Curriculum (On-Campus & Off-Campus Terms)
Management & Leadership
- Change Management
- Four Capabilities of Leadership
- Negotiations and Influence
- Organizational Networks and Power
- The Coaching Approach to Leadership
- Valuation and Financial Analysis
Strategy & Innovation
- Competitive Strategy
- Disciplined Entrepreneurship
- Digital Business Models
- Innovation Dynamics and Models
- Marketing Strategies
- Platform Strategy
Technology, Operations & Value Chain Management
- Value Chain Dynamics
- Operations for Entrepreneurs
- System Dynamics
- Service Quality and Innovation
- Digital Operations
MIT Sloan Affiliate Alumni Benefits
- Access to MIT Sloan Alumni Portal
- Ability to create a profile within the MIT Sloan Alumni Portal and have access to the Sloan People Database (SPD)
- Granted an Email Forwarding for Life (EFL) address: @sloan.mit.edu
- Ability to search and connect with MIT Sloan Alumni and other Affiliate Alumni
- Access to password-protected MIT Sloan Alumni webpages
- A 20% discount on additional courses
MIT Sloan Events
- Access to events through the MIT Sloan events calendar
MIT Sloan Electronic Communications
- Monthly MIT Sloan alumni e-newsletter (September through June)
- An electronic copy of the Alumni Magazine in the Fall and Spring
MIT Sloan Clubs
- Affiliate Alumni can attend club events and become members of an MIT Sloan Club in their region. Please note, each club has different governing rules for attendees and may not permit Affiliate Alumni to be members
Date & Fees
Date: May - November 2019
Tuition Fees: USD $37,500
Location: Boston, Kuala Lumpur, Virtual Sessions
- Tuition includes coffee breaks, lunches, and materials.
- Accommodation and travel are not included.
Round 1/14th Jan 2019/USD $500
Round 2/18th Feb 2019/USD $600
Round 3/18th Mar 2019/USD $800
Round 4/15th Apr 2019/USD $900
Payment Terms: 20% Program Fee payable within 10 days of admission, balance within 30 days of admission.
MIT Sloan follows a rolling admission process, applications are reviewed on a weekly basis, completed applications can be submitted before the deadline. Applying early improves your chances of being accepted in the program.