Joint Degree with the University of Patras
- Duration (years): 2 years
- Qualification Awarded: Master of Education in Special Education
- Level of Qualification: Master Degree (2nd Cycle)
- Language of Instruction: English and Greek
- Mode of Study: Distance Learning
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 120
Profile of the Program
The Special Education program aims to provide students the acquisition of knowledge in the field of specialization of the programme through
- monitoring relevant pedagogical courses and
- study of the relevant bibliography.
Additionally, the program aims to develop research skills through
- the monitoring of special courses in quantitative and qualitative research,
- the undertaking of small-scale surveys within the different disciplines or/and the elaboration of Thesis, and
- the practical training of students.
The graduates of the Special Education Programme have a wide range of skills, as well as knowledge of effective teaching practices.
Upon completion of their study, can work in primary schools, special schools or units and as teachers’ assistants? children’s escorts.
Access to Further Studies
Graduates of the programme can be accepted into Third Cycle degrees (Doctorate Degree)
Course assessment usually comprises of a comprehensive final exam and continuous assessment. Continuous assessment can include amongst others, mid-terms, projects, and class participation.
Letter grades are calculated based on the weight of the final exam and the continuous assessment and the actual numerical marks obtained in these two assessment components. Based on the course grades the student’s semester grade point average (GPA) and cumulative point average (CPA) are calculated.
A minimum cumulative grade point average (CPA) of 2.0 is required. Thus, although a ‘D-’ is a PASS grade, in order to achieve a CPA of 2.0 an average grade of ‘C’ is required.
The student must complete 120 ECTS and all programme requirements.
Upon successful completion of this program, the students should be able to:
- To delve into the basic bibliography of special education.
- To identify key concepts, principles, and models of special education and to transfer this knowledge in the school context.
- To examine critically research outcomes relative to special education and think of their implications for schools and the educational system in general.
- To pinpoint problems at the school and/or the system level and plan and carry out research to address those problems.
- To critically analyze educational problems -considering their sociological, psychological and philosophical dimensions- and develop a rational course of action which will provide optimal solutions.
Scholarships - Financial Aid
The University offers scholarships and financial aid to full-time students, in the form of academic merit scholarships, financial-aid assistance, athletic scholarships, and on-campus work-study programmes.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 3, 2018