MBA@Dayton is the online format of the MBA program from the University of Dayton’s AACSB-accredited School of Business Administration. Students prepare to become strategic, service-oriented leaders and build a network of passionate professionals with a common goal — to make meaningful contributions to their organizations and communities. Designed to be a practical, active experience, MBA@Dayton provides students with hands-on learning they can immediately apply to excel in their current positions or advance into leadership roles. Throughout the online learning experience, students engage with classmates and faculty in live online classes, complete interactive coursework and apply their knowledge at in-person immersions.
15–18 Month Foundational MBA Program
The MBA@Dayton curriculum consists of 48 credits and includes foundation courses, core courses, electives, and courses focused on strategy and ethics. Students who have relevant professional work experience may be able to waive some foundation courses and complete the program in as few as 15–18 months.
One-Year Advanced Standing MBA
The Advanced Standing MBA program is available to students who hold a recent undergraduate degree in business or a related field. The admission team determines whether these students are eligible to waive all foundation courses and take this 30-credit program, which can be completed in one year if students take 7.5 credits per semester.
The Online Learning Experience
The goal of the MBA@Dayton online learning experience is to help students form a strong network and apply their knowledge immediately while continuing to work. MBA@Dayton students will:
- Participate in face-to-face online classes via webcam
- Complete weekly coursework on their own schedule
- Attend in-person immersion experiences
- Receive dedicated online support from application to graduation
A bachelor’s degree in any field is required for admission. The University of Dayton (UD) accepts applications to the MBA program on a rolling basis, and a separate application is not required for the accelerated one-year program. To apply, students will need to submit the following materials:
- Online application
- GMAT/GRE test scores (Waivers are available to professionals with at least three years of business experience.)
- Academic transcripts
- Current resume
- A statement of purpose
- One letter of recommendation
- Offered online by the University of Dayton, a top-tier Catholic research institution.
- Students who hold a recent undergraduate degree in business or a related field may be eligible to waive all foundation courses and take the 30-credit Advanced Standing MBA, which can be completed in one year.
- GMAT waivers are available for students with at least three years of work experience.
- Weekly assignments include video case studies and interactive content that students can complete at their own pace.
- With the MBA@Dayton mobile app, students can complete assignments from anywhere, even while offline.
Financing Your Education
The University of Dayton encourages students to explore a number of avenues when it comes to financing their MBA@Dayton education, including federal aid, private loans, and employer assistance. Students who require additional assistance may apply for education loans through private lenders. Often eligibility for a private loan is credit-based. External scholarship opportunities may be available through scholarship foundations, private business, professional clubs, and organizations.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 20, 2017