The primary objective of the MBA program is to create managers and leaders competent in strategic thinking, operational excellence, people management and self-development while also understanding the key components of sales, marketing, accounting, finance, HRM and organizational behavior.
The Master of Business Administration program provides future managers and leaders knowledge and competence in the following key areas of business: management and leadership, organizational behavior, business ethics, human resources management, international business, project management, business strategy, career planning and personal development.
It also develops marketing and sales skills, including: principles of marketing, marketing planning, digital marketing, international marketing, selling skills and sales management.
Later in the program, students learn about the fields of finance and economics, including the principles of finance, financial accounting, and managerial accounting, as well as microeconomics and macroeconomics.
Finally, students learn about creating new businesses, entrepreneurship, launching new ventures, innovation management, and pitching and negotiation skills.
Upon completion of the program a graduate will be able to:
- Understand general management functions of planning, staffing, organizing, controlling, financing, leading, and utilizing resources for organizational success.
- Utilize the tools and methodologies needed to solve marketing problems, including developing marketing plans and the use of various marketing strategies.
- Understand economic theory and managerial issues at the micro level, directed at consumer and firm behavior.
- Apply theoretical knowledge to solve real-life problems through teamwork within the context of an active learning environment.
- Understand the concepts of accounting, financial accounting, the accounting cycle and its significance to business.
- Master the different theories, approaches, and practices of leadership.
- Analyze complex and dynamic business situations to develop feasible solutions, while taking ethical and social responsibility issues into consideration.
- Formulate and implement business strategies and assess industry attractiveness in the competitive environment.
- Master the different HR functions, including: job analysis, recruitment, selection, training, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and legal issues.
- Understand concepts, theories, and practices of the behavioral sciences to help address the challenges of managing people within an organization and to bring out the best in them.
- Use the latest theories, concepts, and practices of launching new ventures and developing business plans, as well as understanding the issues, challenges, and opportunities associated with pursuing new start-up ventures.
The Master of Business Administration degree requires the completion of at least 60-semester units of graduate work, 36 of which must be taken at ABS. Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B) or better.
Advantages of studying an MBA program
Earning an MBA degree from the Atlantic Business School offers many advantages:
- Multiple Career Paths – Graduates are equipped to confidently seek and secure opportunities within several functional areas of business such as: consulting, finance, consumer goods, technology, and healthcare. Their broad knowledge base also allows them to more flexibly shift from one industry and skill area to another, thus providing increased employment prospects and future professional opportunities within the private sector, government, and/or non-profit organizations.
- Improved Leadership Skills – MBA graduates leverage their advanced business and leadership skills to increase their probability of securing positions at a Senior Management level.
- Increased Salary Potential – Graduates with an MBA have access to higher earning potentials, even when entering new positions just after graduation.
- Paths to Entrepreneurship – Skills attained from the MBA program assist graduates with the process of starting their own businesses. Units of study in Entrepreneurship, as well as a broad analysis of business operating functions across organizations, provide essential start-up knowledge for those wishing to strike out on their own.
- Secure Positions at Top Firms - Employers seek successful MBA graduates for their business acumen, innovative thinking, and their abilities to help manage business challenges. They look for leaders that are energetic, technically capable, offer new perspectives, and demonstrate a large breadth of knowledge. They often experienced success with previous MBA graduates, and seek similar profiles and capabilities in new employees to support their organization’s ongoing growth.
The curriculum at Atlantic Business School is designed to provide graduates with knowledge and experience needed to succeed in international business. Students develop a strong foundation in the diverse areas of business and management, including: marketing, finance, entrepreneurship, human resource management, and organizational behavior. They also learn how these are integrated within the wider business environment. Students expand on these competencies and develop theoretical and practice knowledge in the core fields, while simultaneously advancing individual and group skills.
The online MBA degree is a 2-year, 60 credit program.
Core Courses (All Required)
- MGMT 601 Management
- ECON 601 Microeconomics
- ECON 602 Macroeconomics
- MARK 700 Entrepreneurship
- FIN-G 601 Financial Accounting
- FIN-G 603 Principles of Finance
- MARK 702 Principles of Marketing
- MGMT 700 Business Strategy
- MGMT 603 Leadership
- MGMT 604 Business Ethics
Electives (10 Required)
- FIN-G 602 Managerial Accounting
- MGMT 701 Human Resource Management
- MGMT 601 Career Planning
- MGMT 602 Personal Development
- MGMT 702 Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 703 Project Management
- MGMT 704 International Business
- MARK 701 International Marketing
- MARK 703 Marketing Planning
- MARK 704 Digital Marketing
- MARK 705 Innovation Management
- MARK 706 Pitching and Negotiation Skills
- MARK 707 Launching a New Venture
- MARK 708 Selling Skills
- MARK 709 Sales Management
Minimum requirements for all programs
To apply and be accepted into any Atlantic Business School (ABS) program, applicants must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- demonstrate proficiency in English (see minimum requirements below)
Enrolled students must also have access to a computer and an Internet connection.
MBA program admission requirements
The entry requirements of the MBA program include documentation of completion of an undergraduate program. To apply for admission to the MBA program, the prospective student must submit the following items:
- Application form
- An official transcript documenting completion of a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (or an equivalent degree from a recognized foreign college or university).
- A resume, curriculum vitae or list of professional accomplishments.
- Transcripts of any previously earned baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate credits (if seeking approval to transfer those credits into an ABS program).
Note: Demonstration of significant managerial experience may be substituted for completion of a degree. This is determined on a case-by-case basis.
English proficiency requirements
Applicants with a non-English native language that did not complete their studies at an accredited U.S. college or school must meet one of the following minimum requirements:
- TOEFL (paper-based) Minimum Scores: Undergraduate 500, Graduate 530
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based) Minimum Scores: Undergraduate 61, Graduate 71
- IELTS Minimum Scores: Undergraduate 6.0, Graduate 6.5
- Eiken English Proficiency Examination Minimum grade: Pre-1
- A transcript verifying completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit with an average grade of “C” or higher at an appropriately accredited college or school where the language of instruction was English; “B” or higher for master’s degree.
- A transcript verifying a grade of “C” or higher in an English composition course from an appropriately accredited/recognized college or school; “B” or higher for a master’s degree.
Tuition and fees
MBA - The tuition fees for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program are $7,500 per year or a total of $15,000 for the whole degree (a 2-year program). Students are invoiced $3,750 at the beginning of each semester (5 courses per semester). The program has a total of 60 credits.
Enrolled students will also require access to specific textbooks, which can be purchased for approximately $50 per book.
No scholarships are currently being offered by the Atlantic Business School.
No financial aid programs are currently available for the Atlantic Business School.
Program taught in: