The Program is accredited by the Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education (CYQAA)
The distance program MBA in Tourism of Neapolis University Pafos provides students with a comprehensive and integrated approach to the discipline of tourism and the critical sector of tourism in general. The MBA in Tourism follows a modern approach to providing the necessary knowledge for the understanding of tourism as a social and economic phenomenon. It places particular emphasis on the tourism and hospitality business administration and the management of tourism destinations. Building upon the benefits of innovation in the globalized world, the curriculum is structured around the following pillars: environmental sustainability and sustainable management of tourism organizations. Therefore, students shall be equipped with the right skills to meet the challenges faced by modern tourism businesses, in a constantly changing international environment dominated by rapid technological developments, resulting in new models of corporate governance.
The Programme is specially designed for:
- employees-managers in tourism and hospitality businesses such as hotels, travel agencies, Tour Operators, Airlines, Cruise companies, and Destination Management Organizations,
- researchers/analysts and executives in the tourism sector worldwide,
- employees-managers in sectors beyond tourism,
- specialists and consultants providing expert opinions on tourism policy and development to the public and private sectors,
- lecturers in Schools of Tourism and those who also choose to advance their academic careers to the doctoral level.
The academic background of each candidate based on his/her previous studies, as well as his/her foreseen ability to conclude successfully the Program, are taken into account. The necessary supporting documents to be submitted with the application include:
- Officially authenticated certificates of academic qualifications of university-level (degree etc.).
- Adequate knowledge of the English language, which is certified by the equivalent of a B2 level English language degree. By decision of the Director of the Postgraduate Studies Program, special exams or interview any other test may take place for those candidates who do not have a degree of the abovementioned level so that their ability to meet the standards of the Postgraduate Program is verified.
- A statement of personal interest.
- Two reference letters, at least one of which should be of academic character.
In order to obtain an MBA in Tourism, students should successfully be examined in all the compulsory courses and their dissertation.
The program is structured as follows:
- DMBA550 Financial and Managerial Accounting
- DMBA560 Marketing Management & Business Communication
- DMBA580 Leadership and Organizational Behaviour
- DMBA620 Quantitative Business Analysis
- DTOUR520 Tour Operating Management
- DTOUR530 Management and Development of Hospitality Business
- DTOUR550 Economics of Tourism and Hospitality
- DTOUR570 Strategic Destination Management
- DTOUR590 Tourism Policy & Planning
- DTOUR600 Dissertation
Teaching, Learning and Assessment Methods
This is a distance learning Programme. During the academic year, educational meetings are held for each of the courses (compulsory and optional), as follows: six (6) telemeetings of a duration of two hours with the adviser for each course, who is responsible for informing, guiding, advising and evaluating the students. These meetings are primarily aimed at the general support of students as well as in the elaboration, deepening and development of all the courses that the students are studying. The interactivity and formative assessment form part of the learning and teaching methodology. The assignments completed during the semester correspond to 30% of the final grade while the final exam corresponds to 70%. In order for the student to succeed in a course, he/she must achieve, in the written assignment as well as the final examination, a grade of at least 50/100.
In the third semester students complete their MBA dissertation which corresponds to 30 ECTS.
Duration of the Program
The duration of the program is 18 months.
Students have the opportunity to complete their postgraduate studies in 12 months, as long as they start conducting their Master’s Dissertation during the first or second semester of their studies, including the summer period. In this case, the completion of the Master’s Dissertation may be prolonged after the summer period, for one or two months. In any case, the total ECTS remain 90.
Advantages of the Program
- The international prestige and recognition of the Neapolis University of Pafos.
- Excellent academic staff with strong expertise in the taught subjects.
- International collaborations with many Universities.
- The flexibility of distance learning.
- The use of advanced technology and resources.
- The dynamic choice between synchronous and asynchronous distance education.
- The adjustment of the MBA program to current market requirements and multiple business environments.
- Competitive tuition fees.
About the School
Neapolis University in Cyprus is a young yet dynamic, fast-growing university operating since 2010 in the heart of the charming town of Pafos, on the west coast of the island of Cyprus, offering under ... Read More