Studying an MBA in General Management via distance learning through the University of Zambia will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to take on a management position in a variety of organizations.
A Master of Business in General Management is a highly versatile degree which gives our graduates a competitive edge when landing a job in the modern economy. You will learn a wide range of skills that will form a foundation of learning that will position you to be “cross-promoted” into different roles, departments, and office environments, so you can alter your career path as desired to achieve the best outcome for your future.
Be it a small business or a major corporation, our comprehensive offering of general MBA subjects mean that you’ll graduate with highly-valuable negotiation, leadership, accounting, and organizational development skills that are the cornerstone of our general MBA courses.
- GSB5011 - Scientific Writing & Critical Thinking
- GSB5021 - Research Methods
- GSB5031 - Finance for Managers
- COM 5115 - Strategic Communication Management
- MAF6211 - Project Risk & Quality Management
- MBS5012 - Quantitative Methods for Business
- GSB6702 - Strategic Human Resource Management
- MAF5010 - Financial Reporting & Analysis
- OSM5122 - Global Operations Management
- EBS5041 - Marketing for Managers
- EBS5032 - Managerial Economics
- EBS5021 - Managing Innovation & Change
- MBS5022 - Strategic Management
- ESB5011 - Business Ethics in a Global Environment
- GSB6004 - Master Thesis
The degree in general business with the University of Zambia ideally suited to students who want to work in many departments, oversee various aspects of the business environment, and maximize their potential for advancement to the highest level of management in large organizations.
Graduates can expect to find employment in roles that include consulting, strategy and planning, human resource management, marketing, and more.
- Simply submit a copy of your transcripts with your application online:
- Online application
- A bachelors degree from a recognized institution
- 5 O’Level results including English with a Satisfactory score
- Simply submit a copy of your transcripts.
- International Students Welcome:
- International students must meet the same admissions requirements
- Visa not required
This is a 2-year program designed to prepare students to immediately apply the skills, knowledge, and competencies.
Tuition and Fees
MBA - All Specializations
|Zambian Nationals||International Students|
|Application Fee||200 ZMK||40 USD|
|Fee Per Subject||5,000 ZMK||450 USD|
|Thesis||6,000 ZMK||550 USD|
Why Choose a Degree in General Business via Distance Learning?
Our distance learning courses are an ideal choice for students who require increased autonomy and flexibility in their studies. Course content is provided via a secure and convenient online portal for you to access when it suits your schedule.
You can maintain regular communication with lecturers and tutors who will guide you through your studies, and there are online communication tools such as discussion boards and forums where students and teachers alike can collaborate, share, and connect – much like a traditional on-campus experience.
What is an MBA?
MBA stands for “Master of Business Administration.” International business schools including the University of Zambia offer standardized education according to a recognized framework designed to deliver learning to the highest education standards.
How does an MBA Program Differ from a Regular Master Program?
The key difference between a general master and an MBA is that MBA general subjects focus on the practical side of the management profession, often including simulations for the real business environment and management projects implemented in ‘real’ market scenarios.
What Can I Do with a General MBA?
As a graduate with a general management degree, you’ll be eligible for employment in areas such as consulting, strategy and planning, human resource management, and marketing. Past graduates of this course have found employment as CEO’s, General Managers, Global Marketing Managers, and Managing Directors for organizations across the globe.
About the School
The University of Zambia has produced more than 100,000 graduates and contributed to research and technological development for local and international communities. It has more than 100 collaborative ... Read More