MBA in Big Data Management
The key to business success.
Your door to the business world
Whether it’s classic trade or online shopping, in financial services, aviation, travel, and tourism or in telecommunications: in almost every industry it’s data that determines the success of a business. It’s not just about large quantities of gathered data.
Instead, it’s about processing this data and utilizing it in a profitable way. As well as expert know-how, the MBA will help you gain in-depth knowledge in the field of General Management with a specialization in Big Data Management.
A short overview of your study
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Start of study: Anytime (no fixed start date or enrolment deadlines)
- Study duration: Standard period of study: 18 months. Different time models possible
- Study model: Online study incl. online exams 24/7
- Post-study work option: 18 months post-study work visa, EU Blue card
- Fees: starting from 439 euros per month* (scholarships available for Non-EU students only)
Let's get started
Secure your place at IUBH easily and without obligation using our form**. We’ll then send you your study agreement. Do you want to save time and costs? Have your previous classes recognized!
Sign your study agreement and officially enroll
Send us your signed study agreement and supporting documents. After we’ve checked everything you will be officially enrolled.
Begin your studies – flexible and structured with individual and small group support.
**All students are required to post their original, notarized, supporting documents such as degree certificates via post to our Berlin Campus. After the preliminary acceptance letter, students will have two months to send all their documents.
Why it’s worth studying at IUBH
Study online & flexible
Wherever, whenever: With our digital learning materials and our on-demand online exams, we bring the lecture hall to your home.
Develop your international career
Our courses are taught in English, the course contents are tailored to work in an international environment.
Triple financial advantage
Save on tuition, profit from lower living expenses and be able to work alongside your study.
The MBA with a specialism in Big Data Management gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You will learn to process data, combining data from various sources and analyze connections.
- You will learn the methods of artificial intelligence for data analysis.
- You will work critically with solution providers and deal with ethical, social and data protection issues with regards to Big Data Management.
- Leadership 5 ECTS
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship 5 ECTS
- International Marketing 5 ECTS
- Performance Measurement 5 ECTS
- Financial Management 5 ECTS
- Managerial Economics 5 ECTS
- Strategic Management 5 ECTS
- Change Management 5 ECTS
- Managing in a Global Economy 5 ECTS
- Elective A - Introduction & Specialization 10 ECTS
- Elective B - Introduction 5 ECTS
- Elective B - Specialization 5 ECTS
- Capstone Project 25 ECTS
You can complete your MBA study in one and a half or three years. Study over a longer period of time means a reduced weekly workload. Study over three years is particularly suitable for those who already have a large workload or those who would like to reduce the monthly costs.
The investment is worth it: your career perspectives
Europe, especially Germany, is in high demand for skilled professionals, which creates enormous career opportunities for you: Eager to attract immigrants to the country to offset a shortage of skilled labor due to demographic changes, the German government wants to attract well-educated immigrants, especially from technical fields such as IT, Engineering and Natural Sciences.
Distance Learning - 90 ECTS
- FULL-TIME: 844 €/month
- 15.990 € Total fees* 18 months
- PART-TIME: 439 €/month
- 16.605 € Total fees* 36 months
Your funding options
Studying at IUBH should be possible for anyone who is interested and money should not get in the way of an education. That’s why we support motivated and gifted applicants with high potential with a range of scholarships for Non-EU students only.
- Women in Leadership & Management
- STEM/MINT Professionals
- Future Entrepreneur
- Online Learner
Prerequisites for admission to the Master of Business Administration are:
- Completed undergraduate study (210 ECTS for the 60 ECTS variants, 180 ECTS for the 90 ECTS variants) from a public or officially recognized university/higher education institution
- Degree certification of at least “Befriedigend” [lower second equivalent]
- Proof of min. two years of relevant work experience by the end of the study program
- Proof of English skills for non-native speakers via TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo before commencing study:
- TOEFL (min. 80 points, within the last 2 years)
- IELTS (min. Level 6, within the last 2 years)
- Duolingo English test (min. 60 %, within the last 2 years): this can be taken anywhere at any time using your smartphone and costs $49. You can find out more information about the Duolingo test from our student advisory team.
Large and fast-growing companies are investing substantially in the implementation of data management systems and structures. As a result, qualified experts in the area have plenty of opportunities. Project managers specializing in the area of big data have excellent career opportunities in almost all forward-looking sectors, especially in the IT, media, and digital sectors, in the automotive and finance industries, as well as in marketing and sales. Your role as the responsible big data project manager is an important connector between management and technical support. You prepare tailored solutions for your company based on customer, market, and/or competitor information, and always have an eye on the latest developments, for example within the area of artificial intelligence.
Explore your options
The huge corporate demand for globally-oriented executives and IUBH’s excellent reputation in academia and industry gives IUBH graduates huge leverage for a successful career, whether in their country of origin, in Germany or one of 25 Schengen countries covered by a post-study work permit.
Program taught in: