This MBA is an advanced qualification designed for students with an entrepreneurial spirit who wish to run their own business, accelerate their career or advance to a leadership role.2017-2018 Academic Year Offer: We have introduced a scholarship of £2,100 towards this MBA course for all students enrolling in the 2017-2018 academic year.
Developed in partnership with the world-class team at Essex Business School, this online MBA programme combines cutting-edge learning technology with teaching expertise from industry leaders.* Working alongside a diverse and professional cohort, students will study a broad range of business themes, management techniques and leadership qualities. The programme encompasses a wide range of innovative modules covering a variety of industry-specific topics including entrepreneurship, managerial economics, business strategy, sustainable operations and many more. Throughout these thought-provoking and challenging modules, students are given the opportunity to explore the impacts of internationalisation while also gaining the skills to lead in increasingly demanding marketplaces. The programme also supports and develops the entrepreneurial spirit, allowing each student to build sustainable, resilient business models.
Learning and assessment
Introduction Studying online gives you the freedom to study when and where it suits you – at home, during your lunch hour or anywhere else you have internet access. All of our courses have an indicative study duration which is a guide to how long your course will take to complete. The actual duration may be longer or shorter depending on your speed of study, study options chosen and module availability. It’s possible to complete your studies faster than the indicative course duration by doubling up on modules at certain times; however, minimum study durations do apply. All of our online courses have regular start dates throughout the year. Our academic year is organised into modules, typically with a one- or two-week break between modules and a structured three-week break for the Christmas period. Students will receive a course timetable during the application process. Teaching methods and style The modules you choose to undertake online as part of this programme will utilise a virtual learning environment instead of a traditional campus. The system tracks and manages the learning process in real-time and provides you with immediate access to your learning materials. This learning platform allows both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations and you can listen to, and view, live lectures and seminars over the internet. All courses are delivered in English only. You are supported throughout your course by a dedicated Student Adviser and have the opportunity to regularly interact with fellow students and your tutor. To ensure you receive the support you need from your tutor, we cap our class sizes at 20 students. Assessment For all modules you undertake online, we adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment. Assessment for the online modules of the MBA is based on a combination of written coursework, discussion contributions and reflective journal entries considering the key learning outcomes and their applicability to the student. Your course tutor will make the requirements and assessments of each module clear to you before you start. We also have a policy of ensuring that work submitted by students is authentic. As well as the fact that all work is frequently assessed, we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism. On successful completion of your MBA programme, you will be invited to attend a graduation ceremony at the University of Essex, Colchester Campus.
We are dedicated to improving employability amongst our graduates, and our MBA programme is particularly focused towards career improvement and development. This course gives you the opportunity to improve your career prospects and leadership potential with a mix of industry-specific and transferable workplace skills. An MBA qualification is an excellent investment in your future, providing you with the fundamental business and management skills necessary to be able to manage and lead in the dynamic environments of the modern business world.
1. Academic Entry Route In order to satisfy the Academic Entry Route requirements for our MBA programme you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- A 1st, 2:1 or 2:2 undergraduate degree from an approved institution equivalent to a UK Honours degree or a relevant professional qualification.
- At least three years’ relevant, professional work experience.
- If English is not your first language, IELTS (Academic) 6.5 or equivalent with a minimum component score of 6.0.
- If you do not hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, we require students to pass a free online English test.
2. Open Entry Route We recognise that you can gain skills in a wide variety of ways and that prior academic performance is not the only indicator of an applicant’s ability. Therefore, if you do not meet the minimum academic standards above, you may still be eligible to enrol via our Open Entry Route. If you are a non-standard applicant (which is typically an applicant who possesses an undergraduate degree below a 2:2 standard, or an applicant who does not possess an undergraduate degree at all) we require at least five years of relevant managerial experience. Your application will be considered on an individual basis taking into account your motivation for doing the course, prior work experience and other relevant qualifications that demonstrate your ability to successfully complete the programme. 21-day money back guarantee If you enrol on our MBA programme but decide that online learning isn’t for you, we will allow you to withdraw within 21 days of the start date stated on your offer letter. If you have paid an initial deposit up front, you will receive a full refund. Payment options Our fees are the same for all students, and anyone will receive a 10% discount if they pay the annual tuition or course fee payment up-front. Many postgraduate students who are UK or EU nationals living in England are also eligible for a government-backed student loan.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 20, 2017