In today’s complex and competitive business environment,exibility has become a key requirement for organisations and individuals. Strathmore Business School’s (SBS) Modular MBA captures the best of both through a mixed-mode structure. Employees and managers can “learn as they earn” while at the same time enjoying classroom experience through short teaching blocks well spread over the year. It helps them develop their talent and harness competencies necessary for the next level by unlocking their inner potential to discover new horizons.
The Modular MBA is specifically designed for those who:
- Are unable to pursue the Evening program but wish to benefit from a full-time learning environment
- Work outside Nairobi, Kenya, but desire to pursue the world-class SBS MBA.
- Find their work schedules too demanding to allow daily learning breaks.
The main pedagogical tool is the case method which is central to the MBA learning experience and offers a unique opportunity for the application of new skills, tools and ideas to real-life problems, to transform managers to virtuous leaders.
Cases based on local and regional field research by our own faculty and case pools from our international faculty are used, thus enabling students to reflect on both local and global business realities. They describe actual management situations, engaging faculty and participants in an interactive process of analysis and in-depth discussion, with careful consideration on relevance and attainment of tangible results for participants and their companies.
Executives with at least 2 years’ managerial experience.
Mode of Delivery
Classes are run on two-week full-time modules every three months.
Applicants should have a minimum of two years’ managerial experience and pass our aptitude test, the Graduate Entrance Exam (GEE), in lieu of which a candidate may present for consideration their GMAT results as long as they are less than four years old. In addition, candidates must be:
- Holders of First Class or Upper Second Class honours degrees in the relevant academic fields from recognized universities, or
- Holders of other related qualifications from recognized universities, considered by the Academic Council as equivalent to a First Class or Upper Second Class degrees, or
- Holders of Lower Second Class degrees plus postgraduate diplomas or certificates of diploma level or equivalent or
- a GMAT score of at least 500 points.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017