The objective of the MBA - Master’s Degree in Sports Management is to train management professionals in the world of sports.
Graduates who wish to focus their professional careers on sports management, professionals in the field of sports who wish to update their knowledge, professionals from other fields of knowledge who wish to enter the sports world, or professional athletes who, having retired from competition, aspire to continue in the sports arena as managers.
- Chosen Best Master’s Degree In Sports Management in Spain in El Mundo newspaper’s 2015 ranking.
- Chosen one of the 10 Best Master’s Degrees in Sports Management in the World by Sports Business Magazine 2015.
This Master’s Degree is specially designed for professionals who need to combine work and study.
In recent years, sport has become a discipline that has expanded beyond its previously defined boundaries, thus increasing the need for specialized professionals in the various areas associated with the world of sport and sports organizations. The MBA - Master’s Degree in Sports Management is taught 100% in English and provides specific training in the field of sports management.
This MBA primarily consists of ten modules on company management, followed by a cross-disciplinary module on management skills.
The program contains a segment that specializes in sports and focuses on marketing, management and the operation of sports facilities.
The international nature of this program will enable students and sports managers to obtain the broadest possible perspective on all existing sports management models, not only in Spain but also beyond our borders, thanks to the participation of a top-class international faculty.
This educational commitment will exponentially improve the scope and professional possibilities of our students.
Upon completion of the program, students will receive their Máster Universitario en Dirección de Entidades Deportivas MBA (MBA - Master’s Degree in Sports Management) from Universidad Europea de Madrid.
The MBA - Master’s Degree in Sports Management uses the Case Study Method (analysis of real situations outlined by professors depending on their field of expertise) as well as a combination of content-based and hands-on approaches to each of the topics covered.
The topics are structured into modules as follows:
- 25% initial theory (general concepts)
- 50% theoretical-practical development
- 25% case study practice
This Master’s Degree offers three optional trips:
- During the first week of each program, to meet and get to know the professors and the other students.
- Usually in February but always subject to confirmation, ‘White Week’ (Semana Blanca) in Madrid, consisting of meetings with the Club’s directors.
- Usually before Easter, the trip to New York including visits and meetings with leading sports figures in the United States.
In all cases, travel and accommodation expenses shall be paid by the student. The New York trip has an additional cost of €1,050.
- MODULE 1.- General Management
- MODULE 2.- Finance
- MODULE 3.- Sports Facility Management and Operation
- MODULE 4.- Marketing and Communications
- MODULE 5.- Managerial Skills and Human Resources
- MODULE 6.- Specialization in Entrepreneurship, Sustainability and Social Responsibility in Sports
- MODULE 7.- Specialization Branch B - Marketing and Communications (*)
- MODULE 8.- Specialization Branch C - Sports Facility Operation (*)
- MODULE 9.- Internship
- MODULE 10.- Master's Thesis
The admissions process for Universidad Europea Graduate School programs can take place at any time during the year, although enrollment on any graduate program will depend on the availability of places.