GlobalNxt University’s MBA in Banking and Finance, as the name suggests, is tailor-made for those seeking a career in the banking industry. A continuously updated curriculum covering the changing requirements of the industry-backed with the knowledge and experience of 75 distinguished faculty members from 17 countries ensures that our learners acquire the competencies required to excel in the field.
Students enrolling for this course can also gain the CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) advantage. GNU students, on completion of the MBA, can directly jump to the Management level of the CIMA certification program and directly take the Management Case Study exam.
The course focuses on core banking areas like organizational behavior, operations management, strategic management, financial reporting, and marketing management among others. GlobalNxt’s MBA in Banking and Finance equips the learners to analyze various business situations and follow the right approach after considering the qualitative and quantitative factors involved in it. The learners are encouraged to follow a holistic approach, keeping in mind the business environment as well as the several functional areas involved.
Aimed at working professionals, the program focusses on helping the learners gain a managerial and functional edge in the industry. What makes the program unique is the amalgamation of global banking insights and localized context as well as guidance provided by the faculty.
The course goes beyond theoretical knowledge and relies heavily on practical training, including elements like case studies, workshops, and projects. The course content is available online allowing learners to study at their own pace – anywhere, anytime.
- Upon completion of the program, candidates can conduct penetrating business analyses and make well-informed financial and business decisions with special emphasis on the finance and banking industry.
- Solve problems of businesses engaged in the banking and financial services industry.
- Manage the application of information and technology in the banking and financial services industry.
- Work effectively in teams/syndicates, particularly in online settings.
- Develop strategic and tactical recommendations that lead to successful business and financial outcomes.
Students will be prepared for CIMA certification simultaneously while they are pursuing their MBA.
The program transcends beyond theoretical knowledge covering practical aspects of the industry through mediums like workshops, projects and case studies.
The USP of the program is that it combines international industry insights, pedagogy and curriculum with localized context thereby providing all-round knowledge to our learners.
The 24*7 availability of the course material makes the program flexible, allowing learners to study as per their schedule. Learners can pursue it through the online instruction mode making it ideal for working professionals.
75 distinguished faculty members from 17 countries have come together to design the curriculum, making it apt for learners seeking leadership roles in the banking industry.
- Organizational Behavior
- Data Analysis for Managers
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Introduction to Financial Reporting and Statement Analysis
- Global and Regional Economics
- International Finance
- Performance Measurement and Control Systems
- Corporate Finance
- Treasury Risk Management
- Risk and Insurance
- Takeovers, Restructuring & Corporate Governance
- Investment Funds and Wealth Management
- Financial Institution Management
The assessment includes:
- Discussion board participation: 30%
- Action learning group project: 15%
- Final integrated project: 15%
- Final open book open web exam: 40%
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 on a 4.00 point scale.
- Evidence of English proficiency for applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken tertiary education in English. The minimum language requirements are either:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) score of 6.5 with an individual writing score of at least 6.0 or
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 550 (213 for computer-based test) with a TWE (Test of Written English) score of at least 5.0, or TOEFL Internet-based Test with a minimum score of at least 79
Minimum Course Duration: 2 Years (6 Trimesters)
Maximum Course Duration: 3 Years
A student can extend candidature by an additional 12 months each time by paying a candidature extension fee.
About the School
Manipal GlobalNxt University is a pioneering academic institution that delivers degree programs through a unique online global classroom pedagogy. Bringing together over 75 distinguished faculty from ... Read More