- Duration: 3 semesters
- Qualification Awarded: Master of Arts in Teaching Greek to Speakers of Other Languages
- Level of Qualification: 2nd Cycle (Master’s Degree)
- Language of Instruction: Greek
- Mode of Study: Distance Learning
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 90
Profile of the Programme
Graduates will specialize in theoretical and practical issues relating to the teaching of Greek as a second/foreign language. They will develop transferable skills relating to the field and especially in the area of teaching.
Graduates will be able to have an international career in teaching Greek as a second/foreign language. They will also be able to devise language teaching programmes. Graduates will be able to work for the public or private sector globally (schools, institutes, universities, research centres), which specialize in this field.
Access to Further Studies
Graduates of the programme can be accepted into Third Cycle degrees (PhD).
Course assessment usually comprises of a comprehensive final exam and continuous assessment.
Continuous assessment can include amongst others, midterms and projects.
Letter grades are calculated based on the weight of the final exam and the continuous assessment and the actual numerical marks obtained in these two assessment components.
Based on the course grades the student’s semester grade point average (GPA) and cumulative point average (CPA) are calculated
The student must complete 90 ECTS and all programme requirements.
- Graduates will deepen their understanding of second language acquisition approaches with specific emphasis on teaching Greek.
- They will practice teaching Greek under the three pillars of language learning (teaching, learning, and assessment) with an emphasis on communication skills.
- They will learn how to manage the classroom and design courses and syllabi suitable for teaching Greek.
- Graduates will be familiar with the highly specialized aspects of language teaching.
- They will be able to apply new technologies in language teaching.
- They will gain a significant understanding of theoretical frameworks to enable them to pursue further postgraduate study in the field.
Scholarships - Financial Aid
The University offers scholarships and financial aid to full-time students, in the form of academic merit scholarships, financial-aid assistance, athletic scholarships, and on-campus work-study programmes.
About the School
UNIC is the largest university in Cyprus, with over 12,000+ students, from over 70 countries across the globe, coming together in an innovative and transformative learning space.