With a focus on theory and practice, Sacred Heart University's Master's in Strategic Communications and Public Relations program will help you gain the experience, knowledge, and portfolio you need to launch your career in as few as two years on a flexible, part-time schedule.
Unlike other programs that emphasize research, this program prepares you to meet the demands of an ever-changing media landscape by giving you the advanced, professional skills necessary to communicate effectively across a variety of media platforms.
- 100% online
- 36 total credits
- 2-year, part-time program
- $25,200 estimated tuition
- No GRE/GMAT
- Applied Learning Model. Gain valuable, hands-on experience through internships and projects that take place in real-world, professional settings.
- Experienced Faculty. Our faculty is comprised of award-winning scholars and media professionals that close the gap between theory and practice.
- A Portfolio That Stands Out. Graduate with a strong digital portfolio that sets you apart from the competition.
- Commitment to Ethical Communications. With an increased international focus on media transparency, this program emphasizes responsible communication practices.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, employment opportunities for roles such as public relations specialists, event planners, and advertising, promotions, and marketing managers will grow between 9 and 11 percent by 2026.
- $59,300 median annual salary for Public Relations Specialists
- $132,230 median annual salary for Marketing Managers
- $106,130 median annual salary for Advertising and Promotions Managers
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2017
About the School
Sacred Heart University offers signature humanistic core principles and degree programs offering interactive learning, personal attention, small classes, and rigorous academics.