- Start dates: Monthly Intakes
- Study mode: Online learning
- Awarded by: Liverpool John Moores University
- Financing: Partial Scholarships Available
MA in Education*
- To provide a critical and analytical framework for students to engage with academic concepts, theories, debates and research in the multidisciplinary study of education in the globalised world.
- To equip students with a critical awareness of key theoretical debates and issues enabling them to develop a critical understanding, evaluation and ethical position in relation to education and social justice issues.
- To provide a range of learning activities and experiences as a critical context for intellectual development enabling students to critically engage with research in a way that is applicable and relevant to their own academic and practice context.
- To enable students to reflect on and challenge their own and others' values and assumptions in order to promote socially just policy, and inclusive and ethical practice in education.
Further your career prospects.
This programme offers excellent opportunities to enhance your employability and career progression through your developing skills and confidence. You will benefit from our strong and established relationships with employers in education and other fields.
As a graduate, you will be able to enter or progress in a range of careers where education is central to practice and organisational purpose. You may go on to undertake roles in: policy work; arts education; educational leadership; community-based education; learning, development and support; schools; adult, further and higher education; local authorities/central government; diplomacy and international projects; educational research; NGOs and educational consultancy.
*Subject to validation
Why choose Liverpool John Moores University?
Study online from Liverpool John Moores University for a highly respected Master's degree and get the opportunity to earn a Unicaf Scholarship to advance your career.
Excellent employability record with 96% (HESA 2017) of our postgraduates in work.
Quality Assurance Agency
The first university to receive two commended judgements from the Quality Assurance Agency.
Ranked 61st for world-leading and internationally excellent research.
E-learning system: Your online course experience will take place on an advanced learning management system designed to facilitate the optimal learning experience for students.
Tutor Support: Your Student Adviser will walk you through the entire process upfront and will be there to support you every step of the way from the first contact to graduation.
Online Classroom: The online learning experience will include extensive participation and interaction with faculty and fellow students.
Maximise your skills and employability
Gain new skills: Learn to communicate ideas at an advanced level, deliver work to a given length, format, brief and deadline, properly referencing sources and ideas and adopting a problem-solving approach demonstrating professionalism.
Future employment: Throughout the Master’s degree key aspects will be taught which will help students with their future career.
Improve your chances: A Master’s degree can improve your chances of landing a job interview.
- An accredited UK 2.2 Honours degree or international equivalent.
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges institutions attended.
- English Proficiency: IELTS 6.0 or international equivalent.
- Personal Statement.
- Up to date CV.
- Two references (academic or professional).
- Firstly, fill the form.
- Then, an Adviser from the university you applied for will call you.
- Our admissions team will then reach out to you to schedule an interview, to discuss the admissions procedure and to help you with your scholarship application.
About the School
Ranked in the top 400 universities in the world – and in top 100 universities aged under 50 - Liverpool John Moores University offers