Our expertly designed online curriculum empowers working professionals to advance their careers in the areas of digital marketing and data analytics. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for advertising and marketing managers will grow by 9% over a 10-year span. With a balanced curriculum of digital-centric marketing and omnichannel customer analytics courses, graduates of the program develop digital and analytic skills that are necessary to compete in today's dynamic insight-driven marketing environment.
You can complete our 32 credit program entirely online. The program curriculum is made up of four classes (16 credits) for Digital Marketing and four classes (16 credits) for Data Analytics. The online environment provides the flexibility to meet the needs of busy working professionals. Students can choose to take between 1-3 classes a semester and can complete the program in as little as 1-year with our accelerated option.
The program allows students who are eager to gain critical, in-demand digital marketing or data analytics skills to choose one of our 16 credit certificate options. Upon completion of a certificate, students have the option to apply to continue and complete the full degree program. The certificate program is made up of the 4 Digital Marketing or Data Analytics courses.
The student learning outcomes of the Digital Marketing and Data Analytics program balance the priorities of both digital marketing and data analytics. Students will be able to:
- Develop targeted, customer-centric digital marketing campaigns across a range of digital interfaces
- Design marketing programs that account for the unique user experience needs of mobile consumers
- Implement digital storytelling and content marketing strategies that connect consumers with brands across all major social media platforms
- Use their knowledge of digital consumer behaviors and trends to design marketing programs that motivate consumers to engage and remain loyal to a brand
- Develop consumer personas and segments that provide the framework to deploy targeted and personalized marketing treatments
- Build predictive models that forecast individual consumer behaviors and enable proactive marketing communications
- Use the web and social media analytic tools to evaluate online interactions and identify new opportunities to generate consumer leads and build even stronger customer relationships
- Incorporate best practice digital campaign testing and measurement approaches that accurately assess the ROI of marketing investments
Drawing upon Emerson's longstanding expertise in strategic communication, the Department of Marketing Communication has created a unique online master's program that equips working professionals with the cross-functional skills required to be successful in today's insight-driven marketing environment.
Our online learning and collaboration platform offers a student-centric learning experience. Enrollment in each course is capped at 20 to maintain a low student-to-faculty ratio. Smaller class sizes promote interactive learning and stimulating discussions with peers and faculty.
Students in this program are exposed to industry-leading analytics software such as SAS Studio, SAS Enterprise Miner, Google Analytics, and social analytics platforms to acquire the skills to turn data into valuable insights that support better decision-making across myriad business applications.
Program taught in: