World Class Teaching... at home
Since 2001 we have offered the MA in Aspects and Implications of Biblical Interpretation entirely by distance learning. Specifically designed with distance learning students in mind, the study material enables you to engage with a range of issues of exegesis and interpretation. Regularly evaluated and revised it remains an innovative and challenging qualification to help prepare you for your next step.
Who is it for?
The course is designed to help you upgrade the analytical and evaluative skills you acquired through your undergraduate studies. You will learn how to use these to relate Scripture to the contemporary world, as well as to your own spirituality, past experience and future ministry. It is especially relevant for Christians in several different types of ministry and work:
- Teachers and practitioners who want to update their knowledge and acquire skills of interpretation relevant to their roles.
- Those engaged in, or preparing for, theological teaching in cross-cultural or multi-faith contexts.
- Theological graduates thinking about undertaking a research degree and wanting to develop their understanding of hermeneutics and biblical interpretation to Master's level.
- Internationals who trained outside the UK but who want to gain a cross-cultural benefit from the style of academic discipline in theology practised in the British university system at postgraduate level.
The programme consists of four parts: three modules and a written dissertation of 15,000 – 20,000 words.
(two of the following):
The Holy Spirit and Spiritual Gifts
Theology of the Poor
Old Testament Theology in Context
- Qur'anic and post-Qur'anic Interpretation of Biblical Themes
Your dissertation will demonstrate your ability to gather relevant data and apply critical powers of analysis andevaluation in an extended piece of writing, thus creating a platform for further research.
Note: If you do not wish to write a dissertation, you can discontinue your studies after completing the three modules and leave with a Postgraduate Diploma qualification. Almost all students are initially registered for the PGDip, with progress to the MA dependent on satisfactory marks in the modules.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 7, 2016