This course is ideal for all students who are passionate about interior design. This course provides the foundation for anyone who is intending to establish their own interior design practice or who would like to enter the interior design profession at management level. It also provides also an ideal academic platform for those who wish to pursue the field of interior design to PhD level.
What will I learn?
- Advanced Research Methods
- Innovative Technology and Interior Design
- Trend Forecasting in Interior Design
- Cultural Contexts in Interior Design
- Interior Design Practice Management, and a Masters Project (of the students choice) in Interior Design
How will I benefit from taking this course?On completion of the course students will be able to:
- Establish their own commercial or residential interior design business
- Work within a design practice at management level.
- Work as freelancer designer in the interior design sector
- Work within a property development company
- Work as a freelance event designer
- Work as a specialist designer within the sustainability sector
- For those wishing to pursue an academic career, students can enrol on a PhD programme.
How will I be assessed?
- No exams! Your personal tutor will assess your assignments.
- The course is delivered through online study that is accessed through our bespoke Virtual Learning Studio (VLS).
- The VLS allows students to access all course materials, contact tutors and share ideas with other NDA students through the online community.
Entry requirements: Students must already have one of the following
- A good BA (Hons) Degree in interior design or equivalent plus a portfolio of evidence.
- An extensive portfolio of interior design experience
- Students must have a good level of written English and be able to read English easily. It is not necessary to have good spoken English. The university requires IELTS at level, Tofel 550 or equivalent qualifications.
Testimonial of a former student:"The Degree is tailored for work, and I feel confident that I will set up my own business and NDA have really given me the tools to succeed.
I've had some fantastic advice from the tutors regarding private work that I've already been asked to do - and that's before I've graduated!" Anon Student Review (What Uni)
Program taught in:
See 7 more programs offered by National Design Academy »
Last updated April 29, 2019