A program delivered in partnership with Cambridge Digital Innovation at Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge.
- 10% EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT! APPLY BEFORE JAN 25TH, 2018 -
Join one of our next webinars on
- Monday, 22 January at 4.00 PM MEZ (German time)
- Monday, 05 February at 4.00 PM MEZ (German time)
- Thursday, 15 February at 4.00 PM MEZ (German time)
about our award-winning blended-learning MME-Time program at Germany´s leading technological University, RWTH Aachen, delivered in partnership with Cambridge Digital Innovation at Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge. We will introduce you to the program in general, the research areas and the application process.
Following the online presentation, you will have the chance to ask your questions in a Q&A session.
Please follow this link: https://rwth-aachen.adobeconnect.com/mmetime/ to join the webinar.
From October 2017 RWTH Aachen is organizing the "Innovative Tuesdays" in cooperation with the IHK Aachen, a new networking forum on the topic of "Innovation" involving local businesses, university staff, and students. On the second and fourth Tuesday evening of the month, the hosts Thomas Wendland (IHK), Prof. Stefanie Paluch and Prof. Frank Piller (RWTH) welcome all those interested in innovation and innovation management to the RWTH campus in the new Cluster Produktionstechnik.
Move from technical expert to technology leader by participating in our award-winning interdisciplinary Master of Science (M.Sc., RWTH Aachen University) program. Not only does it combine the best of on-campus and digital education in both Aachen and Cambridge, but it also has been optimized for full-time or part-time study.
If you want to develop as a professional while pursuing your work or other duties outside the university, this flexible distance learning program will be ideal for you, provided:
- You have a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) background, at least one year of full-time work experience and want to deepen your knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies and innovation and technology management.
- You are passionate about engineering and technology, but want to move beyond a narrow technical role and towards a leadership position at the intersection of management and technology.
- You want to learn how to leverage emerging technologies into profitable and sustainable business models that allow you to lead the technological transformation in your industry rather than just following it – either as a manager in an established organization or as an entrepreneur in your own business.
- You strive for flexibility in learning due to your job, your family, or other duties – but also want to interact with fellow students and instructors to build and extend your professional network.
Our award-winning distance learning program combines rigorous digital education and fascinating residential weeks to provide you with a highly flexible and immersive learning experience.
YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The MME-TIME has been carefully designed to equip ambitious professionals – who have a STEM background such as you – with a distinct set of skills needed to succeed in a digitized and globalized economy. Enrolling in the program will allow you to develop the following:
- A profound management education focused on innovation, entrepreneurship, and marketing that will enable you to acquire the management skills necessary to leverage new technologies and build successful business models around them.
- Selected technology electives delivered either online or in form of residential weeks on campus, including laser technologies, advanced data analysis or data mining will allow you to experience the best of German engineering and stay abreast of the latest technological developments in your field.
- Applied projects focusing on real-world managerial or technological challenges will help you put your knowledge into practice and harness the full potential of interdisciplinary thinking.
As a key feature, the distance learning program includes two residential weeks and will take you to Aachen and Cambridge as two of the most dynamic innovation ecosystems.
YOUR CAREER PROSPECTS
Completing the MME-TIME program will prepare you for a successful career at the intersection of management and technology. In the program, you will learn how to combine deep technological and managerial knowledge so that you can contribute to solving the grand challenges of our time in a truly interdisciplinary fashion. As a graduate of one of Germany’s most prestigious universities of technology and its innovative business school, you will speak the language of both engineers and managers. This will position you to work at the exciting interface of management and technology.
- Engineering or Management Consulting: You are responsible for planning and implementing complex consulting projects in technology or management fields.
- Product Management: You are responsible for the development of technical products or service systems.
- Business Development: You are responsible for the development and implementation of new business models and ideas.
- Technology and Innovation Management: You are responsible for the R&D and the strategic innovation processes.
- Technology Marketing and Sales: You are responsible for the creation of marketing and sales strategies for high-tech products and services.
- Project Management: You have the supervision and responsibility of complex technical projects.
The M.Sc. degree granted by RWTH Aachen University will also enable you to pursue an academic career and continue studying towards a Ph.D. in fields such as technology and innovation management, marketing, or entrepreneurship*.
Whichever path you choose to follow after graduation, our dedicated team of experts in the career and entrepreneurship centers will accompany you on that journey and help you decide how to best realize your ambitions. We seek to place our graduates in global technology blue chips, hidden technology champions, leading technology consultancies and fast-growing technology ventures. The Entrepreneurship Center at RWTH Aachen University also has a long track record of supporting innovative startups by our graduates – between 70 to 100 every year.
Experience education made in Germany and sample the best of technology management and state-of-the-art engineering knowledge. Tailor your program to your needs and become a future technology leader.
YOUR CURRICULUM STRUCTURE
The MME-TIME program offers you a profound management education accompanied by a selected set of elective courses on the latest developments in state-of-the-art technologies. The distance learning program consists of four key building blocks, which you may customize to design your individual profile.
(30 credit points to be completed in semester 1):
The TIME Essentials comprise six required courses that enable you to understand the managerial aspects of conceiving, developing and commercializing technological innovations. This includes a team project that allows you to put your learning into practice. Our online learning platform enables you to interact and engage with your peers across geographical distance and time zones.
(20-25 credit points to be completed in semesters 2 and 3):
You can select four or five out of seven management electives with two each allocated to the three specializations: “Technology Manager,” “Technology Marketer” and “Technology Entrepreneur.” The remaining management elective, the Cambridge Ecosystem Practicum, brings you to the University of Cambridge for a week to explore a world-leading technology ecosystem first-hand.
(15-20 credit points to be completed in semesters 2 and 3):
To dive deeply into selected technology fields, you can select three to four courses from a carefully selected set of technology electives. The full portfolio including the residential technology electives can be categorized into eight technology fields: laser technologies, production technologies, robotic technologies, information technologies, human technologies, sustainable water technologies, sustainable energy technologies and material technologies.
(20 credit points to be completed in semester 3):
By writing a Master Thesis at the end of the program, you demonstrate your ability to solve a managerial or technological challenge using the knowledge acquired during the program and the methods of scientific inquiry.
German Language Courses:
Learning another language is an important asset to becoming a successful manager and a global citizen. German language skills will prove helpful for establishing business relationships with well-known German companies. As part of the program, we, therefore, offer you a voucher to complete an intensive German language course with an institution of your choice (you’re your local Goethe Institute).
Be immersed in two world-leading innovation ecosystems and experience the power of interdisciplinary collaboration. Apply these insights to contribute to solving the challenges of tomorrow – facilitated by a faculty committed to excellence in classroom interaction and state-of-the-art digital learning techniques.
OUR TEACHING APPROACH
Our educational approach aims to equip you with an integrated understanding of management, engineering, and technology that will help you to become a technology leader – either in a managerial or entrepreneurial role. While the program allows you to choose among a variety of courses, our courses follow a similar teaching and learning philosophy.
- Personalized education: The program is organized around your individual needs, allowing you to study whenever and wherever it suits you best.
- Hands-on experience: In most courses, you have the opportunity to work on real-world managerial or technological challenges, enabling you to apply the knowledge gleaned in class and gain hands-on experience.
- Participant-centered learning: All courses are based on a participant-centered approach that emphasizes inspirational teaching by the interaction between instructors and participants through professional lecture videos, regular webinars and discussion forums, and tasks such as case discussions, group presentations, debates, or virtual lab sessions.
- Interdisciplinary mindset: Most courses focus on the intersection between management and technology, helping you tackle real-world challenges from multiple perspectives and providing you with a truly interdisciplinary mindset.
- Blended learning: The program is based on the latest blended learning technologies where digital techniques and tools are combined with physical sessions to deliver an optimal learning experience.
- Intercultural teams: As working in multicultural teams is a given in today’s world, most courses feature group projects where you can solve managerial and technological challenges in culturally diverse teams.
DISTANCE LEARNING RESOURCES
The distance learning resources can be accessed wherever and whenever it suits you best. Each module combines a mix of resources to provide a unique learning experience tailored to the content of the respective course. All materials are available on edX Edge, a cutting-edge platform for online learning. This learning platform is much more than a content-loaded website; it streams professional lectures and tutorials, allows you to access teaching materials, enables interactive lectures and webinars, and facilitates interaction with your fellow students, teachers, and program managers. RWTH Aachen University joined forces with the world’s leading universities to contribute to the development of this leading platform, originally established by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. This ensures constant improvement and the inclusion of the latest features and technologies in online learning – and the very best distant learning experience for you!
The distinct distance learning resources brought to you on our online platforms include:
- Video Lectures: All online courses include professional video lectures by established RWTH professors. In contrast to in-class lectures, these video lectures can be viewed whenever and wherever works for you.
- Screencasts: Ideal for tutorials and introduction to tools and computer programs, screencasts (speech over slideshow or other computer screen content) convey practical knowledge.
- Online Self-Assessments: To help you monitor your own progress, in many core courses short self-assessments are available following videos or screencasts.
- Lecture Transcripts: For several courses, full verbatim video transcripts in pdf format will be available to facilitate your learning and exam preparations.
- Interactive webinars: Several courses include live webinars between instructors and students at key course milestones (e.g. welcome, mid-term, exam preparation).
- Peer information: In order to facilitate interaction and extension of your professional network, the platform offers information and contact with your peers.
- Digital bookshelf: Core teaching materials, books, journal articles and video transcripts are available online to facilitate flexible learning. In addition, university library resources including e-books and scientific literature can be accessed online.
Most content is downloadable to allow you to work flexibly, for instance, while traveling. edX is accessible on various devices including notebooks, tablets, and smartphones. Beside internet access, you only need to have a webcam, microphone and headphone to take part in the interactive sessions.
If you would like to learn more about our digital courses, we invite you for a free trial of one of our massive open online courses that are part of the RWTH MicroMasters on edx.
ARE YOU READY TO APPLY?
SPECIFIC APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- TOEFL Internet-based minimum of 90 pts/Paper based minimum of 577 pts.,
- IELTS (Academic) test minimum overall band 5,5 pts.,
- Cambridge Test – Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
- First Certificate in English (FCE), completed with a B,
- Placement-Test of RWTH Aachen University's language center (B2).
- For German applicants: Ein Zeugnis, das englische Sprachkenntnisse auf dem Niveau B2 des "Gemeinsamen europäischen Referenzrahmens (GeR)" ausweist. Dieser Nachweis wird z.B. durch die Vorlage eines deutschen Abiturzeugnisses erbracht, aus dem ersichtlich ist, dass Englisch bis zum Ende der Qualifikationsphase 1 (Jahrgangsstufe 11 bei G8-Abitur, sonst Jahrgangsstufe 12) durchgängig belegt und mit mindestens ausreichenden Leistungen abgeschlossen wurde.
- The score reports must not be older than two years by 1 August of the year the degree course you are applying for will start.
- A copy of the score reports needs to be uploaded to the online application system. In case of admission, the original scores have to be presented for enrolment in August.
GENERAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Your relationship with the author,
- Your academic/professional history,
- Your qualities/achievements/ambitions in your respective field,
- Your personal traits and goals,
- The author’s signature,
- The institution’s/company’s letterhead (if possible) and
- A stamp of the issuing institution/company (if possible).
- Complete address and stamp of the company,
- Contact details and reference to your supervisor,
- Date of joining and, if applicable, resignation date,
- Weekly hours,
- Job position and
- A short description of your role.
- Gather all documents in pdf format from our online checklist.
- Create an online application account using our online portal: https://online.rwth-aachen.de/RWTHonline/
- The application portal opens 4 December 2017 and will remain open until March 1 every year for applicants from outside Europe and until July 15 for European applicants.
- Answer the questions on our online portal and upload the required documents.
- Complete the online application by clicking on “send.”
- The evaluation of the application is an ongoing process. You will be able to track your application status.
- If you are admitted to the program, you need to confirm the admission.
- Once you have finished the online application process, please print out the application form and send it by post to the address on the cover page of the online application.
- Degree: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Focus: Technology, Innovation, Marketing and Entrepreneurship with in-depth exposure to cutting-edge technology fields
- Duration: 3 semesters full-time or up to six semesters part-time
- Teaching: Unique blend of digitally enabled teaching and highly interactive on-campus experiences
- Target Group: Young professionals with a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) background
- Credit Points: 90 ECTS
- Tuition Fees: 30.000 € (+ social contribution fee at RWTH Aachen approx. 225 € per semester)
- Contact: email@example.com / +49 (0) 241 80 27616
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 16, 2018