A program delivered in partnership with Cambridge Digital Innovation at Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge.
Experience education made in Germany from wherever you are and sample the best of technology management and state-of-the-art engineering knowledge. Prepare for your next career step while continuing with your work or other duties beside your studies.
Benefit from the possibility to directly apply the content in class at work and apply your insights to contribute to solving the challenges of tomorrow – facilitated by a faculty committed to excellence in class-room interaction and state-of-the-art digital learning techniques.
The M. Sc. Management & Engineering in Technology, Innovation, Marketing & Entrepreneurship (MME TIME) is an award-winning interdisciplinary Master of Science (M.Sc., RWTH Aachen University) that relies on the best of digital education in combination with residential weeks in Aachen and Cambridge. It provides you with the opportunity to tailor the program to your needs and interests for great flexibility in structuring the course around your job, for example. The blended learning approach as well as the small group sizes provide for a close communication with the professors, university staff and your peers.
Enjoy a unique learning experience
Our educational approach aims to equip you with an integrated understanding of management, engineering, and technology that will help you to become a technology leader – either in a managerial or entrepreneurial role. While the program allows you to choose among a great variety of courses, all courses follow a similar teaching and learning philosophy. First of all, it is based on the latest blended learning technologies where digital techniques and tools are combined with physical sessions to deliver an optimal learning experience.
- Hands-on experience: In most courses, you will have the opportunity to work on real-world managerial or technological challenges, enabling you to apply the knowledge gleaned in class and gain hands-on experiences.
- Interdisciplinary mindset: Most courses of the program focus on the intersection between management and technology, enabling you to tackle real-world challenges from multiple perspectives and providing you with a truly interdisciplinary mindset.
- Personalized education: The program is organized around your individual needs, allowing you to study full-time or part-time and to complete the courses from your home location or on-campus.
- Intercultural teams: As working in multicultural teams is a given in today’s world, most courses will feature group projects where you can solve managerial and technological challenges in culturally diverse teams.
- Participant-centered learning: All courses are based on a participant-centered approach that emphasizes interaction between teachers and students through case discussions, group presentations, debates, or lab sessions.
DISTANCE LEARNING RESOURCES
The distance learning resources can be accessed wherever and whenever it suits you best. Each module combines a mix of resources to provide a unique learning experience tailored to the content of the respective course. All materials are available on edX Edge, a cutting-edge platform for online learning. This learning platform is much more than a content-loaded website; it streams professional lectures and tutorials, allows you to access teaching materials, enables interactive lectures and webinars, and facilitates interaction with your fellow students, teachers, and program managers. RWTH Aachen University joined forces with the world’s leading universities to contribute to the development of this leading platform, originally established by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. This ensures constant improvement and the inclusion of the latest features and technologies in online learning – and the very best distant learning experience for you!
The digital learning resources brought to you on our online platforms include:
- Video Lectures: All online courses include professional video lectures by established RWTH professors. In contrast to in-class lectures, these video lectures can be viewed whenever and wherever works for you.
- Screencasts: Ideal for tutorials and introduction to tools and computer programs, screencasts (speech over slideshow or other computer screen content) convey practical knowledge.
- Online Self-Assessments: To help you monitor your own progress, in many core courses short self-assessments are available following videos or screencasts.
- Lecture Transcripts: For several courses, full verbatim video transcripts in pdf format will be available to facilitate your learning and exam preparations.
- Interactive webinars: Several courses include live webinars between instructors and students at key course milestones (e.g. welcome, mid-term, exam preparation).
- Peer information: In order to facilitate interaction and extension of your professional network, the platform offers information and contact with your peers.
- Digital bookshelf: Core teaching materials, books, journal articles and video transcripts are available online to facilitate flexible learning. In addition, university library resources including e-books and scientific literature can be accessed online.
Most content is downloadable to allow you to work flexibly, for instance, while traveling. edX is accessible on various devices including notebooks, tablets, and smartphones. Beside internet access, you only need to have a webcam, microphone and headphone to take part in the interactive sessions.
If you would like to learn more about our digital courses, we invite you for a free trial of one of our massive open online courses that are part of the RWTH MicroMasters on edx.
Become part of leading innovation ecosystems
RWTH Aachen University
The core part of the curriculum is delivered by RWTH Aachen University.
Germany has a worldwide reputation for engineering excellence and RTWH Aachen University is synonymous with German engineering. Become part of Aachen’s research culture and attend courses focused on management as well as cutting-edge developments in laser technologies, digital and additive manufacturing, robotics, big-data and many more.
University of Cambridge
The program takes you to England where you can complete a Cambridge Ecosystem Practicum delivered by Cambridge Digital Innovation (CDI) at Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge. The University of Cambridge is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the world and a powerhouse for innovation in research. This module will allow you to experience history, tradition, and cutting-edge science and technology. Lectures, seminars, and workshops on innovation ecosystems will be combined with campus tours and company visits in Silicon Fen as well as true classics of Cambridge – punting and formal dining!
The MME-TIME program takes you to some of the most exciting innovation ecosystems in the world and allows you to study at several world-class universities and research institutes working on the frontiers of the digital transformation.
Your Career Prospects
Completing the MME TIME program will prepare you for a successful career at the intersection of management and technology. In the program, you will learn how to combine deep technological and managerial knowledge so that you can contribute to solving the grand challenges of our time in a truly interdisciplinary fashion. As a graduate of one of Germany’s most prestigious universities of technology and its innovative business school, you will speak the language of both engineers and managers. This will position you to work at the exciting interface of management and technology.
- Engineering or Management Consulting: You are responsible for planning and implementing complex consulting projects in technology or management fields.
- Product Management: You are responsible for the development of technical products or service systems.
- Business Development: You are responsible for the development and implementation of new business models and ideas.
- Technology and Innovation Management: You are responsible for the R&D and the strategic innovation processes.
- Technology Marketing and Sales: Your are responsible for the creation of marketing and sales strategies for high-tech products and services.
- Project Management: You have the supervision and responsibility of complex technical projects.
The M.Sc. degree granted by RWTH Aachen University will also enable you to pursue an academic career and continue studying towards a PhD in fields such as technology and innovation management, marketing, or entrepreneurship.
Whichever path you choose to follow after graduation, our dedicated team of experts in the career and entrepreneurship centers will accompany you on that journey and help you decide how to best realize your ambitions. We seek to place our graduates in global technology blue chips, hidden technology champions, leading technology consultancies and fast-growing technology ventures. The Entrepreneurship Center at RWTH Aachen University also has a long track record of supporting innovative startups by our graduates – between 70 to 100 every year.
Customize your learning experience
The MME-TIME program offers you a profound management education accompanied by a broad set of elective courses on the latest developments in state-of-the-art technologies. The 18-month program consists of four key building blocks, which you may customize to design your individual profile. In addition, you may enrol in German language courses at no extra cost.
TIME Essentials (30 CP)
TIME Essentials (30 credit points to be completed in semester 1):
The TIME Essentials comprise six required courses that enable you to understand the managerial aspects of conceiving, developing and commercializing technological innovations. This includes a team project that allows you to put your learning into practice.
Technology Electives (15-20 CP)
Technology Electives (15-20 credit points to be completed in semesters 2 and 3):
To dive deeply into selected technology fields, you can select from three to four courses from a rich portfolio of more than 20 distinct technology electives. These can be categorized into eight technology fields: laser technologies, production technologies, robotic technologies, information technologies, material technologies, sustainable energy technologies, sustainable water technologies and human technologies.
Management Electives (20-25 CP)
Management Electives (20-25 credit points to be completed in semesters 2 and 3):
You can select four or five out of seven management electives with two each being allocated to the three specializations labelled “Technology Manager”, “Technology Marketer” and “Technology Entrepreneur”. The remaining management elective, the Cambridge Ecosystem Practicum, brings you to the University of Cambridge to explore first-hand a world-leading technology ecosystem.
Master‘s Thesis (20 CP)
Master Thesis (20 credit points to be completed in semester 3):
By writing a Master Thesis at the end of the program, you demonstrate your ability to solve a managerial or technological challenge using the knowledge acquired during the program and the methods of scientific inquiry.
German Language Courses
(one course to be completed in semesters 1 and 2):
Learning another language is an important part of a successful career. Becoming proficient in German is also an essential precondition for succeeding on the German job market, both for an internship during your studies or a permanent position thereafter. As an extra offer within the MME TIME program, we offer the option to complete an intensive German language course (either in semester 1 or 2) to broaden your cultural understanding and enhance your career options. The costs for the course are covered by your tuition fees. You may be able to enrol in further language courses in semester 3 and 4 at your own convenience.
The MME TIME is a winner of the national competition for digitally enabled university education - “Curriculum 4.0“
Benefit from personalized career services
Building and modelling our students’ future career is one of our key strengths. RWTH Business School has set itself the goal to empower the students to have a smooth job entry or further develop their career after their studies of our MME TIME study program.
“MME TIME graduates will be well positioned to excel as entrepreneurs, managers, or consultants at the intersection of management and technology.”
- Access to a strong network of various industries and business fields
- Online job platform which enables matching and direct contact with future employers
- Individual career coaching and professional orientation
- Application training and workshops:
- How to apply in Germany
- CV and Cover letter training
- Job interview training
- Field trips
- Company presentations and lectures on campus
- Networking and recruiting events
Application deadline for Non-European applicants: March 1 of each year
Application deadline for European applicants: July 15 of each year
To apply for the MME TIME program, you need to prove different academic and English language requirements. You also have to provide a validated reason that you are eligible for the part-time program, e.g. a current working contract.
RWTH Business School is looking for applicants who have a background in a technological area and a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). Applicants need a minimum of 15 credit points in higher mathematics and statistics as well as 125 credit points mathematics and natural sciences (e.g. chemistry and/or physics), and/or computer science and/or engineering, all of which are defined in the examination regulations.
The MME TIME has been designed for students who want to position themselves at the intersection of management and technology. Student should thus possess some basic knowledge in management and economics as evidenced by at least 10 credit points in this field. Students without previous courses in this field, however, can take part in the online course “Management Bootcamp” before the MME TIME program begins.
Professional Work Experience
Courses within the MME TIME program also address a broad set of technology and management challenges from current practice. Applicants thus need to have at least 12 months of professional work experience.
English Language Requirements
For all of our master’s programmes certified proof of your competence in the English language through the completion of one of the accepted examinations listed below is needed:
- TOEFL Internet based minimum of 90 pts/Paper based minimum of 577 pts.,
- IELTS (Academic) test minimum overall band 5,5 pts.,
- Cambridge Test – Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
- First Certificate in English (FCE), completed with a B,
- Placement-Test of RWTH Aachen University’s language centre (B2).
- For German applicants: A certificate attesting English language skills at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). This proof is provided, for example, by the submission of a German Abitur certificate, which shows that English has been continuously taught until the end of qualification phase 1 (grade 11 for G8 A-levels, otherwise grade 12) and has been completed with at least sufficient marks.
The score reports must not be older than two years by 1 August of the year the degree course you are applying for will start.
A scanned copy of the score reports needs to be uploaded to the online application system. Please do not send the original TOEFL or IELTS score sheets to the university (also not via ETS). In case of admission, the original scores have to be presented for enrolment in August.
Exemptions for the language requirements are only applicable for nationals or first degree holders from the USA, the UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Gather all documents from our online checklist as PDF in advance.
- Create an online application account at our online portal: www.rwth-aachen.de/ioam. The application portal will remain open until 1th of March every year for applicants from outside Europe and until 15th of July for European applicants.
- Answer the questions at our online portal and upload the required documents.
- Complete the online application through “send”.
- Wait for the mail of Admission or Rejection.
We strongly encourage you to apply as early as possible, as applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Degree: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Focus: Technology, Innovation, Marketing and Entrepreneurship with in-depth exposure to cutting-edge technology fields
- Duration: 3 semesters full-time or up to six semesters part-time
- Teaching: Unique blend of digitally enabled teaching and highly interactive on-campus experiences
- Target Group: Young professionals with a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) background
- Credit Points: 90 ECTS
- Tuition Fees: 30.000 € (+ social contribution fee at RWTH Aachen approx. 280 € per semester)
- Contact: email@example.com / +49 (0) 241 80 27616
About the School
RWTH Business School’s leitmotif “The Technological Edge” stands for unique graduate and executive education made in Germany, and for outstanding programs at the intersection of management and technol ... Read More