Master of Arts in Organizational Development
This program and curriculum is a professional organizational development degree. It is designed for managers and other professionals who want to enhance their professional skills and marketability or enter the profession of organizational development as either an external or internal consultant.
- Students will possess a learning portfolio documenting organizational development competency acquisition over the course of the program.
- Students will possess an organizational development personal and professional development plan by the end of the program.
- Students will demonstrate acquisition of individual course learning objectives through theoretical application papers, case discussions, written case analyses, class role plays and simulations, use of electronic and social media, and organizational development project interventions papers and logs.
The 36 credit hours required for the master of arts (MA) must include the following courses for a major in organizational development:
- ORDV 5000 Practicing Organizational Development (3 hours)
- ORDV 5100 Change Leader Self-Mastery (3 hours)
- ORDV 5200 Organizational Development Consulting Practices (3 hours)
- ORDV 5300 Data-Driven Approaches to Organizational Developments (3 hours)
- ORDV 5400 Designing, Building, and Leading Effective Teams (3 hours)
- ORDV 5450 Managing Communication During Change (3 hours)
- ORDV 5600 Leveraging Diversity and Inclusion (3 hours)
- ORDV 5700 Designing and Facilitating Organizational Development Interventions (3 hours)
- ORDV 5800 Achieving Breakthrough Results (3 hours)
- ORDV 5900 Organizational Development in Emerging Situations (3 hours)
- ORDV 5950 Organizational Development in a Global Context (3 hours)
- ORDV 6000 Capstone Project in Organizational Development (3 hours)
Graduate Entry Requirements
- Signed Application Form
- Proof of English Proficiency:
- TOEFL: PBT 550 | iBT 80
- IELTS: 6.5 | Password: 6.5
- Pearson: 53
- Undergraduate Transcripts
- Essay: 300-500 word essay on a topic of your choice
- OR Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Certificate of Finance showing $Tuition plus $16,000
- Copy of Passport ID Page
- Official University/College Transcripts (for Transfer Students)
- Some programs have additional entry requirements. Please contact your advisor for more information.
Applicants to the organizational development (MA) must have completed a business or business-related undergraduate degree meeting the following criteria:
- University/college is regionally accredited
- The business school must have a business-related accreditation (e.g. AACSB, ACBSP, IACBE, etc.)
Applicants who do not meet these qualifications must do one of the following:
- Successfully complete BUSN 5000.
- Note: BUSN 5000 will count as an elective in the program. This option is only available for students who are required to take BUSN 5000.
- Complete all of the following undergraduate courses (or their equivalents) with a grade of C- or better (17 credit hours total, not including individual course prerequisites:
- MNGT 2100 Management Theory and Practices
- ACCT 2010 Financial Accounting
- BUSN 2750 Introduction to Statistics
- ECON 2000 Survey of Economics
- MNGT 3500 Marketing
- BUSN 3500 Business and Global Issues
- BUSN 4500 Ethical Issues in Business
Advancement to Candidacy
Students are admitted to their graduate program upon completion of all admission requirements. Students are advanced to candidacy status after successfully completing 12 credit hours of graduate credit, with grades of B- or better. In the MBA program and other specialized programs, courses required as prerequisites to the program do not count toward the 12 credit hours required for advancement.
Program taught in: