Today, it is up to us to evaluate, minimize, and reverse, in the very near future, our energy plan on a global and individual scale. All this without sacrificing technological advancement and quality of life.
Taking into account this need for high-level professionals, who support development, and can activate all the initiatives that are generated in the transition to a clean planet, the Online Master in Renewable Energies for Sustainable Development is proposed . This Master's degree aims to train these professionals to adapt to the permanent changes in the sector , and to contribute to all activities related to the development of renewable energies. In addition, this Master will train them so that they can handle analysis tools within the development of these energies in different sectors, always from the necessary perspective that society requires within a framework of sustainable development.
The Online Master in Renewable Energies for Sustainable Development will allow the student:
- Understand the sustainable development goals and their relationship with society.
- Plan and manage energy resources.
- Interpret and apply international and internal legal standards to the regulation and promotion of renewable energies.
- Know how to carry out an economic analysis of energy projects .
- Determine performance and optimization of energy processes .
- Identify the systems of production, transport, distribution and use of different forms of energy, as well as the technologies associated with them.
- Recognize the different methods of energy storage .
- Identify and state environmental impacts associated with energy projects .
- Plan solutions based on renewable energies , which minimize environmental impact.
The Online Master is developed over a year and its study plan consists of ten compulsory subjects and a final project in the field of renewable energy.
- Fundamentals of sustainable development (SD) and climate change - 5 ECTS
- Energy resources, geopolitics and legal framework of RES - 5 ECTS
- Wind, mini-hydro and marine energy - 5 ECTS
- Energy vectors: Electricity and Hydrogen - 5 ECTS
- Sustainable energy demand and energy management - 5 ECTS
- Energy efficiency and transversal energy uses - 5 ECTS
- Planning, policy and applications of the circular economy - 5 ECTS
- Photothermic, photovoltaic and thermoelectric solar energy - 5 ECTS
- Geothermal energy, heat pump - 5 ECTS
- Biomass and biofuels - 5 ECTS
- Final project - 10 ECTS
- Total credits - 60 ECTS
Students who pass all the subjects proposed in the study plan will receive:
- Title of Bàtxelor d'especialització in Renewable Energies for Sustainable Development issued by the Ministeri d'Educació i Ensenyament Superior d'Andorra *.
- Translation into Spanish of the Bàtxelor certificate issued by the Carlemany University.
- European Diploma Supplement, bilingual (Catalan and Spanish), issued by the Ministeri d'Educació i Ensenyament Superior d'Andorra that certifies the subjects completed and grades obtained, as well as the ECTS corresponding to each one of them and to the degree in its set.
* Degree in approval process.
This is a university training program that requires meeting the conditions to access university studies in the context of the countries of the European Union, as well as the level equivalent to said access, official and demonstrable, in other territories. Specifically, they will have access to the Master's program:
Nationals may access through any of the following ways:
- Bachelor degree obtained in Andorra.
- Foreign bachelor's or bachelor's degrees that have obtained access to higher education from the Government of Andorra.
People with international studies will be able to access master's studies through one of the following ways:
- Official bachelor degree.
- Official master's degree or doctoral program.
Who is it for?
This Online Master may be of special interest to people with a motivation to contribute to the permanent improvement of our environment and the development of renewable energies and who have prior university training in the following areas:
- Higher Engineering, Technical Engineering or Degree in Engineering , Architecture , Technical Architecture or Building .
- Master, Bachelor or Degree in Physical , Chemical , Geological or Environmental Sciences .
The Online Master in Renewable Energies for Sustainable Development offers numerous professional opportunities, because graduates will be able to work in any company, public institution or organization due to the transversality of its application. Specifically, the person who achieves this degree will be able to carry out the following activities depending on their specialty:
- Energy companies and energy and environmental consultancies.
- Public regulatory and planning bodies.
- Design, manufacturing and installation companies in the field of renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Energy services in different sectors.
- Business development associated with renewable energies.
- Investigation and development.
- Education, training and energy information.
- Corporate social responsibility in the energy area.
- Sustainable transport and mobility.
- Regulatory and financial evaluation of actions for sustainable development in the energy area.
About the School
Universitat Carlemany nace con el afán de contribuir activamente en dar soluciones a uno de los mayores retos a los que se enfrenta la sociedad en este siglo: el desarrollo sostenible. Nuestro objetiv ... Read More