EBMA Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management is designed to enable learners to develop
- A sound understanding of policy,
- Management and leadership concepts, theories and practices in health and social care, and
- An understanding to improve the quality of health or social care services.
It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals, services users and policymakers in the United Kingdom and throughout the world.
Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management will create knowledge in candidates so that they can work as an effective manager or leader in hospital or health / social care industry. It combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the health and social care sector.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Develop managerial and leadership skills to manage the quality of service delivery in health and social care sector.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the health and social care organisations and their management system.
- Understand the financial performance of health and social care organisations.
- Perform financial analysis to the health and social care organisation for effective planning and decision-making.
- Manage complex issues in the health or social care organisation to improve management practice.
- Understand the development of healthcare policy.
- Understand the contribution of public and health promotion in the provision of health care services.
- Understand strategic, operational business plans for health care organisations based on the environmental analysis.
- Manage team performance for the quality of service delivery in health and social care organisation.
- Understand advanced economic literature on the demand and supply of health care.
- Critically review the role of agencies and healthcare organisations in the promotion of health programmes globally.
- Apply human resource concepts, tools and techniques to retain, manage and motive staff.
- Identify a research question and apply advanced research techniques and tools to create new literature on the health and social care sector.
The overall structure of the course is based on eight modules that cover a number of topics relating to learning outcomes. You are required to complete only eight modules. Each module is equivalent to 15 credits and at the end of the course, learners will be able to achieve 120 credits.
Module 1: Managing Service Delivery in Health and Social Care
In this unit, learners will be able to learn effective management and leadership skills for efficient and effective service delivery in health and social care organisations. You will learn how to plan, organise, control, manage and check techniques for good service delivery.
Module 2: Managing Finance in Health and Social Care
Students explore key concepts and frameworks for accounting and finance and learn how to interpret the company's financial reports. Students will also become familiar with financial statements, budgets and data as well as financial and non-financial performance indicators. These highly applicable techniques can be used to drive company success.
Module 3: Managing Enterprise in Health and Social Care
This unit aims to develop learner knowledge of the processes and behaviours involved in developing enterprise in health and social care administration from various perspectives informed by theory, research and professional practice.
Module 4: Strategic Marketing for Health and Social Care
This unit aims to develop a strategic marketing focus and link it to the strategy process within in health and social care organisations.
Module 5: The Economics of Health Care
The aim of this course is to provide students with an understanding of issues especially microeconomics analysis of health care. Learners will be able to understand the principles and applications of the world economy, the cost-benefit literature, welfare economics and public finance, consumer theory and industrial economics. It aims to establish a critical awareness of the integration of theory, data, and analysis in relation to health care economics.
Module 6: Strategic Management and Change
Healthcare has continued to experience significant environmental change including technological breakthroughs in gene research and therapy and bioengineering, economic and competitive pressure that have altered the industry. This unit aims to explore strategic management tools to manage health care organisations in a dynamic and changing environment.
Module 7: Managing Quality through Human Resource Management
Health and social care organisations today face unprecedented challenges. These challenges are obliging organisations to redesign their internal structures and policies. New people management strategies are at the centre of these organisational changes. This course examines the character of these people management strategies in modern organisations.
Module 8: Strategic Project Management for Managers
This unit will develop strategic decision making for learners in the health and social care sector to drive the value of the organisation from the execution of strategy through strategic projects.
Module 9: Research Methods for Managers
In this module, you will be able to develop a critical understanding of the different assumptions underlying research into the health or social sciences and the nature and status of research methodology and at the end, you understand how to write a research report by data collection, analysis, conclusions and presentation of data.
Qualification Credits and Duration
Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management can be achieved in 6 months or maximum in 12 months and learners will achieve 120 credits.
How and where will you study?
You will study with Cambridge Management and Leadership School – Accredited Institute by Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and University, and many other awarding bodies to provide quality assured qualifications to learners. Our Virtual Learning Platform is a user-friendly platform where you will study through student lifetime membership to access course materials and assignment contents - available to you study 24/7. You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime in a flexible way to study entirely online.
Assessment methods include only assignments. (There is no exam in this course). You will write assignments based on topics given and upload to the Virtual Learning Platform for the assessor to mark and provide you feedback.
Results and Certificate
Learners must complete eight units successfully and achieve 120 credits before the qualification certificate and final transcript will be issued by the awarding body.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is useful to
- learners who are already in employment and the course enables a framework in leadership and management in the health and social care to reflect your current responsibilities and aspirations. Or
- learners who are on job and would like a qualification for their personal and professional development or career progression to the senior management positions in the health and social care; Or
- learners who are re-entering employment after a period of absence and for those who are seeking a career change or would like to learn and achieve a formal postgraduate qualification in the health and social care management; Or
- Learners who are wishing to combine this qualification to achieve additional Level 7 Diploma in strategic management and leadership and then to progress to an MBA (at the dissertation stage) or
- Learners wishing to progress to our Level 8 / Doctorate level qualification after this course.
Anyone with an interest to study the highest qualification in the health or social care management can apply to this qualification. However, we expect learners to have some work experience or previous level qualifications to enrol in this course.
Learners completing the Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management will have career opportunities in leadership and management positions in health and social care. Learners can also progress to Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership with study context in the health or social care, or direct into Doctorate Degree with us with research in Health/Social care.
Students after completion of EBMA Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management will be exempted from Stage 1 of MSC Occupational Health and Safety Management at University of Portmouth UK. They will study only three modules to obtain the full degree.
About the School
Cambridge Management and Leadership School is a unique, modern and innovative academic institution founded on principles of excellence, innovation, equality and opportunity for all. We are established ... Read More