Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management is designed to enable learners to develop
- A sound understanding of policy,
- Management and leadership concepts, theories and practices in health and social care, and
- An understanding to improve the quality of health or social care services.
It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals, services users and policymakers in the United Kingdom and throughout the world.
Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management will create knowledge in candidates so that they can work as an effective manager or leader in hospital or health / social care industry. It combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the health and social care sector.
- At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Develop managerial and leadership skills to manage the quality of service delivery in health and social care sector.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the health and social care organisations and their management system.
- Understand the financial performance of health and social care organisations.
- Perform financial analysis to the health and social care organisation for effective planning and decision-making.
- Manage complex issues in the health or social care organisation to improve management practice.
- Understand the development of healthcare policy.
- Understand the contribution of public and health promotion in the provision of health care services.
- Understand strategic, operational business plans for health care organisations based on environmental analysis.
- Manage team performance for the quality of service delivery in health and social care organisation.
- Understand advanced economic literature on the demand and supply of health care.
- Critically review the role of agencies and healthcare organisations in the promotion of health programmes globally.
- Apply human resource concepts, tools and techniques to retain, manage and motive staff.
- Identify a research question and apply advanced research techniques and tools to create new literature on health and social care sector.
Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management has a total of eight units. Each unit has 15 credits and at the end of the course, learners will be able to achieve 120 credits.
- Managing Service Delivery in Health and Social Care
- Managing Finance in Health and Social Care
- International Health Policy
- Strategic Management in the Healthcare Industry
- Organisational Behaviour in Health and Social Care
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Marketing for Health and Social Care
- Research Methods for Healthcare Professionals
Qualification Accreditation and Recognition
Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management is accredited to UK Regulated Qualifications Framework by Ofqual (Regulator in England) and awarded by OTHM Qualifications. International accreditations and equivalence are
- Accredited to Regulated Qualifications Framework (England UK) - Level 7
- Accredited to European Qualifications Framework (Europe) - Level 7
- Equivalent to Scottish Qualifications and Credit Framework Level 11
- Equivalent level to the UK Framework of Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQs) Level 7
How will you study?
You will study online via our Virtual Learning Platform in a flexible way with full tutor and learning materials support.
The methods for assessing student performance are through an assignment of each unit to evaluate different aspects of learning outcomes.
Total fees and discounts
The UK and International Students - £1440. All applicants from UK & International are eligible to get £480 discounts upon payment of full fees.
We offer flexible monthly instalment plans based in course duration.
Who is this Course For?
Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management is useful to individuals (from all over the world) who are already on job and they would like to study for personal and professional development, job progressions or to those individuals who are re-entering employment after a period of absence in the health or social care sector or seeking a career change. This qualification is suitable for individuals who would like to become qualified managers or leaders in the health or social care sector, e.g.
For example, you can apply to become
- Registered Care Manager or Social Worker,
- A managerial position of any health or social care organisation,
- Team leader,
- Senior Case Manager
- Senior Care administrator,
- Residential Care Manager
- A nursing career with management responsibilities,
- Senior Administrative or support worker.
Converting the Level 7 Diploma into an MBA degree at the Dissertation Stage
Learners after completion of this qualification are eligible to progress to Master’s top-up programmes (at the dissertation phase of the degree with credit transfer) at many universities in the UK, for example,
- Master of Business Administration (Top-up) at the University of Sunderland or
- MBA (Top-up) at Arden University.
About the School
Cambridge Management and Leadership School is a unique, modern and innovative academic institution founded on principles of excellence, innovation, equality and opportunity for all. We are established ... Read More