Postgraduate - Level 7 Diploma in Accounting in Accounting and Finance meets the needs of financial managers and accountants in the running of their businesses and to facilitate their progression to higher levels within their organisation. Managers need to be aware of issues, able to analyse their potential outcomes and consequences and decide how to react. They do not have to be expert in all areas of business, but they need to possess a general awareness of what specialist facilities and services exist, and how they can assist in carrying out that role.
The programme includes contemporary topics with cutting-edge content, reflecting key issues within the 21st -century business environment as well as the latest developments in management research. The qualification will enable Learners to become independent, self-directed learners with tools and motivation to continue learning, developing and reflecting on practice throughout their careers.
Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance is accredited by UK Ofqual - the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator in England with Accreditation Number: 603/0723/7.
- Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF in England UK) - Level 7
- European Qualifications Framework (Europe) - Level 7
- RQF Level 7 is equivalent to Scottish Qualifications and Credit Framework Level 11
- RQF Level 7 is equivalent level to the UK Framework of Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQs) Level 7
Qualification is awarded by Qualifi Ltd - A Regulated Awarding Organisation in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Qualification Aims and Objectives
Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance aims to give learners the opportunity to,
- Gain a recognised qualification from an internationally recognised awarding organisation.
- Apply theoretical understanding of finance and accounting to complex and current business issues with a view to improving business practice
- Generate originality and enterprise in approaching global financial issues.
- Demonstrate self-direction, initiative and autonomy in research and scholarship towards a new contribution to knowledge in a chosen field of finance and accounting.
- Progress along a pathway to gain a higher level qualification MSC at the dissertation level by credit transfer with the partner UK University.
The overall learning objectives of the Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance are:
- Apply theoretical understanding of accounting theories and concepts to complex and current business issues with a view to improving business practice.
- Apply the principles of accounting and finance in a business environment
- Improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between theories and their practical application in the business world
- Analyse problem-solving techniques specific to business and industry
- Analyse problem-solving techniques specific to business and industry
- Select, collate, review and analyse information from a wide range of sources
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth.
Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance focuses on developing understanding, skills and abilities to equip the Learner with the awareness and aptitudes to be an effective accounting and finance manager.
Learners must complete the following 6 mandatory units/modules and achieve 120 credits.
Unit 01 - Strategic and Global Finance (20 credits)
The aim of this unit is to ensure the learner can exercise techniques and decide on decisions that add value in terms of corporate finance based on sound theoretical concepts. In addition, the unit helps the learner to present and interpret financial information in a recognised format and to work independently to solve the problems arising within the specified time given. It also ensures that the learning can be applied to the practical context.
Unit 02 - Strategic Financial Management (20 credits)
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with the ability to exercise the techniques and to make value-added decisions in corporate strategy and finance based on sound theoretical concepts. Further, it enhances the contribution of the formulation of business strategy, the creation of comprehensive business development plans, together bringing their specialist accounting and finance skills as well as the strategic management learning of the module.
Unit 03 - Strategic Auditing (20 credits)
The aim of this unit is to help students understand the ability to choose and apply suitable investigative techniques to a variety of situations which are simple and non-simple in the accounting environment. The unit provides a profound learning on the aims, objectives and methods of auditors and their contribution to the achievement of true and fair view of the published accounts.
Unit 04 - Ethical Behaviour and Corporate Governance (20 credits)
The aim of this unit is to reveal the sequential development and guideline of accounting and the impact of accounting and finance on the environment, the various stakeholders and on the society. The learners of this module will be equipped with the knowledge and skills essential to act as an advisor in relation to the governing authorities on the private, public and charitable sectors.
Unit 05 - Corporate Reporting (20 credits)
The aim of this unit is to assist the learners in the preparation and interpretation of financial statements for a group of companies where it is prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and to understand and evaluate the key aspects of accounting theory. On the completion of the unit, the learners will be able to communicate complex numerical and qualitative information effectively and solve problems in a selective and critical manner.
Unit 06 - Financial Analyst (20 credits)
The purpose of this unit is to develop an understanding of market equilibrium models, bond valuation and performance evaluation. At the end of this module, students should be encouraged to make enquiries as to the cause and effect of the impact of current developments in the world’s capital markets on the investment process and critically appraise current thinking on the theories and investments.
The methods for assessing student performance are through an assignment of each unit to evaluate different aspects of learning outcomes.
We expect learners to have work experience or previous level qualification at the undergraduate level. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for qualification or work experience evaluation. We accept all qualification (regardless of any sector/subject) to this course.
Exemption or Credit Transfer
We accept learners holding the same level qualification to transfer their credits to Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance. Cambridge Management and Leadership School support learners in the recognition of their prior learning that they meet the assessment requirements for a Unit through knowledge, understanding, skills or professional competence they already possess and do not need to develop through a course of learning. Learners can apply for credit transfer, equivalence or exemption through Credit transfer, equivalence and exemptions procedure. Please contact us on email@example.com for credit transfer application.
Who is this course for?
Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance is suitable for learners (from all over the world) who are on job and they are looking for a formal qualification for
- job progression or
- their personal and professional development or
- careers in finance or accounting.
This course is also suitable for individuals who are
- re-entering employment after a period of absence or
- seeking a career change or
- seeking a cost-effective and affordable route to obtain UK regulated/accredited qualification at the postgraduate level and willing to complete their masters' degree
How will you study?
You will study online via our Virtual Learning Platform in a flexible way with full tutor and learning materials support.
This course provides a variety of careers and encourages learners to gain the skills, knowledge and understanding that will help them achieve their goals and aspirations. The course provides suitable careers for learners to work in the accounting and financial services sector of the economy in any public or private company/organisation.
In addition, obtaining this qualification would be beneficial for those who are re-entering employment after a period of absence and for those who are seeking a career change as it provides careers related guidance and support to students which are
- Positive, constructive and helpful
- Impartial and client centred
- Progression to the Level 8 Diploma Strategic Management leading to DBA Thesis or
- Progression to the MSC degree
- Progression to Doctorate of Business Administration
Career destinations are accountants, finance and investment analysts, General Auditor, investment bankers and so on. In addition, graduates of this diploma will also be eligible to complete a Masters degree in Accounting and Finance.
About the School
Cambridge Management and Leadership School is a unique, modern and innovative academic institution founded on principles of excellence, innovation, equality and opportunity for all. We are established ... Read More