The Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is designed to provide learners with a challenging qualification that supports their development as managers within the tourism and hospitality industry, with a lifelong-learning orientation; enable learners to develop their knowledge of knowledge and theories applicable to the management of the tourism and hospitality industry; provide learners with the skills and technical terminology required to develop their management skills in the tourism and hospitality industry; enable learners to make well-informed and confident decisions about the management of work areas in the tourism and hospitality industry; provide opportunities for learners to reflect on common issues facing managers developing their career in the tourism and hospitality industry; give learners the opportunity to progress to further study or employment.
GSBF delivers high-quality and accredited programmes that are current and relevant. We offer over 20 programmes including finance, accounts, marketing, human resources and general management that are reflective of the new business landscape.
- Easy Fee payment plan. Pay as low as GBP £140 per month.
- Same Diploma as on-campus students.
- The diploma is recognised worldwide.
- Assessments via assignment submission.
For entry, the learner must possess one of the following.
- Level 3 Diploma or GCE/GCSE or equivalent overseas qualifications
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant work experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- English requirements: If the learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency.
You are awarded Level-4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management at the end of the programme.
Assessment is an assignment. There are No exams.
The Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management consists of the following 6 mandatory units that provide a total of 120 credits:
- Tourism and Hospitality Business Management
- Services Marketing and Customer Service in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Accounting and Finance in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Academic and Employability Skills
- Events Management in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Analysing the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
HR Officer, Senior HR Officer, Administrative Head, Placement Officer, Recruitment Coordinator, Recruiter, HR Consultant, HR Manager, Training and Development Officer, Learning and Development Officer etc.