Essential for school leaders who are developing, communicating and implementing technology strategies in their education setting.
Learn how to lead a technology strategy at your school
Education technology can help schools reduce workload, promote efficiencies, and support evidence-based teaching and learning approaches. The potential of education technology might not be realised without a carefully designed and implemented strategy, aligned with the school’s overall strategy and goals.
On this course, you will learn how to develop a technology strategy and communicate your vision as a school leader. During this process, you will consider infrastructure and security, make decisions about devices, and design a CPD program for your staff.
What topics will you cover?
- How to align a technology strategy with existing school strategies and communicate your vision effectively.
- What technical and security considerations need to be considered for the effective implementation of a technology strategy.
- How to identify the workload implications of your technology strategy.
- How to establish and sustain a professional learning culture that can support effective and efficient uses of education technology.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Design a strategy that aligns effectively with your school priorities.
- Evaluate possible changes required in your context to develop an effective and impactful strategy.
- Compare education technology approaches to determine the best fit for your context.
- Identify the features and implementation of an effective education technology strategy.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for school leaders, especially those that are responsible for technology and teacher development. It would also be of interest to those in leadership positions in further and higher education.
Who will you learn with?
I am the Head of Online Learning and Community at the Chartered College of Teaching. Prior to this role I taught English and led professional learning in Further Education settings.
I'm Director of Education and Research at the Chartered College of Teaching, where I oversee all of our work around teacher development and research engagement.
Who developed the course?
Chartered College of Teaching
The Chartered College of Teaching is the professional body for teaching in England. Since launching in 2017, it has been working to connect, inform and inspire teachers.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.