Discover how leadership can influence strategic outcomes in healthcare organisations.
Why join the course?
Good organisational leadership can be key to influencing positive strategic outcomes, driving improvement and innovation across organisations.
On this course, you’ll learn about the general concept of leadership, going on to explore practical examples of innovative management across a range of healthcare settings.
You’ll examine real-life case studies of improvement and innovation projects drawn from a global context – including the UK, North America, Australia and Africa – to better understand patient and public leadership, as well as the need for great healthcare leadership on the front line.
What topics will you cover?
- The nature and origins of healthcare improvement and the challenge of change.
- The organisational context of healthcare improvement.
- The critical importance of leadership for implementing healthcare improvement.
- Quality improvement tools and techniques and their implementation.
- The role of clinical networks in supporting healthcare improvement.
- Patient involvement in healthcare improvement.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- You will learn to identify the full range of tools and techniques associated with healthcare improvement.
- You will learn about the challenges of implementing tools and techniques associated with healthcare improvement, from the perspective of clinical science and management theory.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about the international context of healthcare improvement and contribute to the learning community in discussing its impact.
Who is the course for?
This course would appeal to anyone with an interest in healthcare improvement. You do not have to work in healthcare, merely have an interest in how innovation can be encouraged in the sector.
If you have experience of healthcare (either as a professional or as a service user) you will have the opportunity to share your own knowledge with others as the course progresses.
Who will you learn with?
After a career in health care, as a doctor, Director of Public Health and Chief Executive I now teach at Warwick Business School. I focus on management and leadership, quality improvement and patient.
Who developed the course?
The University of Warwick
The University of Warwick is forward-looking, entrepreneurial and globally connected. With new ways of thinking and achieving it stands out from its competitors as an inspiring place to study.
Monash University is one of Australia’s leading universities, ranked in the world’s top 1% by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. It was established in Melbourne in 1958.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.