Introduction to Java
- Application areas. The Java platform. Features of Java. Java Virtual Machine. Java Development Kit. Java Runtime Environment. Compiling and running programs from the command line.
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Overview of popular development environments.
- Perspectives of using and development of the Java programming language
Working with Eclipse IDE
- Download and installation Eclipse. Setting up a workspace. Configuring Java in Eclipse. Overview of Eclipse working environment. The concept of the project.
- Creation and running a simple Java application in Eclipse.
- Overview of program debugging. Diagnosing problems. The concept of unreachable code. Debugging programs in Eclipse.
The basic syntax of Java
- Data types. Primitive data types. Reference data types. Converting numeric types. Typecasting.
- Variables. Initializing variables. Constants. The modifier final.
- Operations. Arithmetic operations. Increment and decrement operations. Relational operations. Logic operations. Bitwise operations. Mathematical Functions (Class Math). Priority of operations.
- Control operators. If statement and its forms. Nested ifs. Switch operator. Blocks and local variables. Break operator. Ternary operator.
- Loops operators. The concept of loop condition and exit. While loop. Do-while loop. For loop. Nested loops. Continue operator. Return operator.
- Arrays. The concept of the array. The declaration, creating and initializing arrays. Changing the size of the array. Multidimensional arrays.
- Methods. The concept of the method. Method signature and method body. Method calling. Passing parameters to the method. Return value. Overloading methods. Recursive methods. Methods with variable number of parameters.
- Working with strings. Class String and its methods. StringBuffer and StringBuilder classes. Converting numbers to Strings and back.
Basics of object-oriented programming
- The notion of abstraction. The principles of object-oriented programming: inheritance, encapsulation, polymorphism.
- The notion of class. The concept of the object. Relationships between classes. Creating objects. New operator. Class methods. Access modifiers. Keyword static.
- Wrapper classes of primitive types (package java.lang). Autoboxing and unboxing values.
- Constructors. Fields initialization rules. Overloaded constructors. Keyword this. Keyword super.
- Creating custom classes. Class inheritance. Abstract classes.
- The concept of enum. Creation of enumerated types. Writing custom enums with constructors and methods.
Graphics user interface components
- General information about AWT and Swing libraries. Package javax.swing. • Frame creation. Location and size of the frame. Properties of a frame.
- The concept of layout and user interface controls. Adding visual components to frame. Visual components events handling.
- WindowBuilder plugin.
Packages and archives in Java
- Packages. Import classes. Placing classes into packages. Creating a JAR-file.
Practical tasks of course: Practical exercises consists of solving a number of educational tasks aimed at mastering basic Java programming skills, as well as the final project - the creation of a featured GUI application.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 21, 2017