INTRODUCTION TO SOCIAL MEDIA AND DIGITAL STRATEGIES
Do you know how to build your personal brand or generate brand awareness in a corporate setting? In this course, you’ll learn about current social media and digital strategies for building a brand and measuring the effectiveness of your efforts across social media platforms. Explore the digital tools and techniques that will help you be more successful as a creative entrepreneur or corporate professional.
- Translate your creative talents into practical strategies for engaging audiences and building brands.
- Learn from faculty with extensive experience utilizing digital strategies in the retail, fashion and food industries.
- Explore the effectiveness and application of cutting-edge and existing social media strategies and platforms.
- Develop the technical skills for measuring success through engagement, conversions and other methods of measurement – all on your schedule.
This course is a part of the Entrepreneurship for the Gig Economy Professional Certificate.
Whether you’re selling a product or promoting your personal brand, social and digital are tools for generating awareness. Our flexible, online courses are 8-weeks long and asynchronous to accommodate your busy schedule.
What will you learn in Introduction to Social Media and Digital Strategy?
- Customer engagement
- Social change
- When citizens become the authority
- Assignments: engaging customers for social change & course research proposal
- Social media policy and ethics
- Social media guidelines
- Assignment: writing social media guidelines
- Frameworks, strategies, and analysis
- Social media audits
- Learning to develop social media strategy
- Assignments: using the SMART framework to assess social media strategy & social media audit: Dunkin donuts
- Quiz: social and digital media
- Analysis of platforms and analysis preparation
- The four P’s of marketing
- Defining key segments
- SWOT analysis
- Assignments: segmentation, targeting, and positioning: McDonald’s case study & SWOT analysis (part I)
- Competitive analysis preparation
- Identifying customers and evaluating products
- Competitor’s strengths and weaknesses
- Market and industry outlook
- Assignment: competitive analysis
- Assignment: social media analysis
- Search engines and SEO
- Leveraging social in SEO
- Social vs. search
- Measuring results
- Quiz: search engine and SEO
- Web analytics
- Breaking down conversions
- Social media and conversion rate
- SEO and conversion rate
- Final exam: amazon case study
Required Textbook: Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Non-Credit Tuition non-credit: $705.00
- Tuition credit (3 units): $897.00
- Registration and Technology Fee: $40.00 Mandatory
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 29, 2018