A primer to the blockchain, distributed ledgers, and Hyperledger technologies.
About this course
Discover the power of business blockchains and distributed ledger technologies with an overview of Hyperledger and its key frameworks. All over the global market, there are ledgers that organizations and individuals alike must trust. Blockchain technologies record promises, trades, transactions or simply items we never want to disappear, allowing everyone in an ecosystem to keep a copy of the common system of record.
This introductory course is carefully curated for nontechnical, business-oriented audiences. It examines blockchains for the enterprise and a number of pertinent use cases from Hyperledger, a global cross-industry community of communities hosted by The Linux Foundation and advancing business blockchain technologies. Hyperledger is incubating and promoting enterprise-grade, open-source business blockchain software, on top of which anyone can set up apps to meet cross-industry needs.
The course covers key features of blockchain technologies and the differentiators between various types of Hyperledger projects. We'll start with ‘what is blockchain’ and open the discussion to identifying suitable blockchain use cases for your business requirements. We will then take a deeper dive into the enterprise-ready Hyperledger blockchain frameworks and tools.
Students will gain an understanding of how blockchains work and how they can create value for their business through cost-savings and efficiencies, in terms of speed and simplicity. They will view how information is generated, stored, and shared in various blockchains, as well as gain tools to evaluate whether or not a blockchain solution would be suitable for their particular business case.
Industries today are using blockchain technologies to increase efficiency and solve business problems associated with data privacy, security, information sharing, and inclusion. Be on the cutting edge; learn about these innovative technologies and bring unique value to your business.
What you'll learn
- Describe Business Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies.
- Gain familiarity with current Hyperledger projects and cross-industry use cases.
- Become involved in and contribute to the open-source Hyperledger projects.
- Discovering Blockchain Technologies
- Introduction to Hyperledger
- Hyperledger Frameworks
- Hyperledger Tools
- The Promise of Business Blockchain Technologies
- What's Next
- Final Exam
- LFS170x - Blockchain: Understanding Its Uses and Implications
- Basic understanding of technology and computer terminology, networking, and databases
- Length: 14 Weeks
- Effort: 3–4 hours per week
- Price: FREE; Add a Verified Certificate for $99 USD
- Institution: LinuxFoundationX
- Subject: Business & Management
- Level: Introductory
- Language: English
Video Transcript: English
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More