Explore the ways AI is changing the creative industries, and how you can develop your own career in creative AI.
Discover the use of AI in the creative industries using practical examples
Machine learning is transforming the creative world, in terms of how creative work is both made and consumed. It’s a burgeoning area, with many potential career opportunities.
On this course, you’ll learn exactly what the creative industries are, and the ways they’re being changed by AI. You’ll identify the latest developments in machine learning, as well as the skills you need to get ahead in creative computing.
Throughout, you’ll examine practical examples of creative AI from creative technologists, artists, media creators, and researchers working at the cutting-edge of the field.
Week 1 - Understanding AI
- What is AI?
- What impact is creative AI having?
- How can you make new media with AI systems?
Week 2 - Applying AI
- Welcome back
- How do artists use deep learning systems?
- How are AI systems developed?
- Facing the future: careers in this area
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Describe how the creative industries are using AI and machine learning at a basic level.
- Debate the potential of AI to create new media.
- Explain how AI systems are developed.
- Compare different types of machine learning and AI approaches that are used in the creative industries.
- Summarise deep learning and its application to creative industries.
- Identify the skills required to work in creative AI.
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at early-career creative technologists, established technologists looking to extend their skills and professionals from wider fields looking to understand more about the importance and opportunities that creative technologies present.
Who will you learn with?
Mick Grierson is Professor of Creative Computing at UAL Creative Computing Institute.
Who developed the course?
UAL Creative Computing Institute
The UAL Creative Computing Institute (CCI) offers innovative new courses, research opportunities and a public platform to explore computer science and creative practice.
Institute of Coding
The Institute of Coding is a family of learners, businesses and educators creating a new way to develop the digital skills needed at work and beyond.
UAL Creative Computing Institute is offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- A PDF certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.