Use financial statements to make better decisions. Learn the fundamental concepts and principles underlying financial accounting.
About this course
The performance of a business and its management team is largely based on information provided in the financial statements. It is essential that managers understand the effects of their decisions on the economic health of the business and are comfortable discussing financial statements with stakeholders.
This course will teach you to interpret financial statements effectively and use them to make better business decisions. In this course, you will be looking at financial statements from the following companies:
- Sandstorm Gold
- Coca Cola
What you'll learn
- Understand who in a company uses financial statements and for what purpose.
- Recognize what counts as good financial information, and what lies behind it.
- Evaluate a business’s liquidity, solvency and inventory management.
- Basic understanding of the key principles of financial accounting.
- How to analyze financial statements to make better business decisions.
- The structure and purpose of Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements.
- Basic mathematics concepts.
- Candidates interested in pursuing the MicroMasters program in Business Fundamentals are advised to complete BUS1x Business Foundations and BUS2x Business Communications before undertaking this course.
- Length: 6 Weeks
- Effort: 3–5 hours per week
- Price: FREE; Add a Verified Certificate for $150 USD
- Institution: UBCx
- Subject: Business & Management
- Level: Intermediate
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More