Why study International Master in Geotechnics and Foundations?
In addition to deepening the large traditional blocks, the Master also has an impact on the aspect of numerical modeling in geotechnics, which is essential today to perform responsibilities and functions in this field.
About this course
Who is it for?
The Master in Geotechnics of Structuralia is aimed at all those professionals in the civil engineering and construction sector, which include Civil Engineers, Canals and Ports, Geologists, Geological Engineers, Mining Engineers, Industrial Engineers with specialization in Construction and Architects particularly involved and / or interested in geotechnics, who seek to expand and strengthen their knowledge and skills in this area in order to enhance and develop their professional career.
- Expand and consolidate the students' knowledge in the theory of Soil and Rock Mechanics.
- Analyze and understand the effect of water on the ground and on structures.
- Deepen the constitutive models available to model the behavior of soils and rocks.
- Acquire knowledge and skills to carry out numerical modeling in geotechnics.
- Provide students with the tools and methodologies for the calculation and sizing of deep and shallow foundations, land containment structures and land treatments, among other actions of geotechnical engineering.
- Provide the techniques to carry out optimal and efficient designs and sizing.
- Distinguish the different types of soils and rocks, know their fundamental properties and learn to identify them correctly.
- Know in detail the different types of in-situ and laboratory tests to characterize the terrain.
Tim Gouw / Pexels
- Module 1: Introduction to Geotechnics. Soil and Rocks.
- Module 2: Water in the field. Effects on soils and rocks.
- Module 3: Characterization and geotechnical recognition of the terrain and Instrumentation and auscultation.
- Module 4: Mechanics of the continuous medium and constitutive models. Application to soils and rocks.
- Module 5: Land thrusts and land containment structures.
- Module 6: Analysis and stability of slopes.
- Module 7: Surface Foundations
- Module 8: Deep Foundations
- Module 9: Numerical modeling in geotechnics. 2D plaxis.
- Module 10: Master's Final Project
The program is subject to possible variations / updates of the contents to improve their quality.
Angel Francisco Silvestre Ordaz:
Engineer of roads, canals and ports. Executive MBA ICADE Business School. Master in International Construction Project Management.
Independent Consulting Engineer in Geotechnics, Tunnels and Underground Works.
Project Manager FERROVIAL-AGROMAN for 3 years.
2013 Young Engineer Award. Road, Channel and Port Engineers College. Demarcation of Valencia.
About the School
Structuralia es una escuela de formación de posgrado especializada en ingeniería, infraestructuras, energía y edificación. Estamos convencidos de la importancia de la formación continua de calidad par ... Read More