Inter-university master's degree in Educational Technology: E-Learning and Knowledge Management
To meet the objectives of this master's degree, students will do the following:
- Analyse the potential of ICTs as new platforms for learning and knowledge management, focusing on the advances achieved in this field by e-learning.
- Identify the educational basis for the design of media based on the theories and strategies of the teaching-learning process in e-learning.
- Acquire the necessary criteria for designing multimedia for education.
- Analyse the potential of ICTs as new platforms for learning and multimedia applications.
- Structure and develop multimedia teaching material according to the target audience.
- Learn and understand the parameters that define the process of digitisation and reproduction of teaching materials.
- Acquire skills to manage information and knowledge.
- Determine the economic feasibility of multimedia projects.
- Develop a practical application in the field of materials design and/or training environments.
- Have their first contact with research methodology in educational technology.
- Professional track: Design and development of e-learning projects. Management of virtual campuses and training services. Design and development of training materials. Technical consultancy and teaching. Information and knowledge management.
- Research track: Design and development of research projects in the field of educational technology. Management of research projects in the field of e-learning. Design and development of basic research and R&D projects. Technical and pedagogical advice on research projects in the field of educational technology.
Language of instruction
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili (coordinating university)
- University of the Balearic Islands
- University of Lleida
- University of Murcia
This master's degree is intended for teaching staff, education managers and instructional designers. It is also suitable for university graduates with motivation and experience in areas related to education, information and communication technologies, and computer engineering. In order to successfully follow the content of all the subjects, advanced users of the information and communication technologies will need to have an interest in educational innovation. Students need to be responsible and independent, because although distance learning is suited to individual tuition, the subjects of the programme require continual dedication. Applicants should therefore be university graduates with the following characteristics:
- Motivation for educational innovation.
- Technical knowledge.
- Autonomy and responsibility.
FIRST YEAR: Compulsory Subjects
- Research Methodology in Educational Technology
- Dissemination and Transfer
- Work Placement
- Final Master's Project
In this section you will find the list of all the optional subjects on the curriculum. Before you select the subjects you wish to register for, please make sure that they have been activated.
- Knowledge Management: Organisation and Transfer
- ICT in Non-Formal Education
- Flexible Training Environments
- Assessment of Teaching Media and Materials
- Desing and Viability of Technological Projects for Training
- Professional Development for Teachers in Relation to ITC
- Ethics of ICT for Professionals and Researchers
- Society, Culture and Training in the Information Age
- Production and Integration of Digial Images, Audio and Video
- Audiovisual Communication for Training: Videoconference Systems
- Spaces and Tools for Collaborative Work
- Tools and Techniques for Collecting and Analyzing Data
- Organization and Management of ICT in Education
- Knowledge Management: Repositories of Educational Content
- Research Design
- Telematic Tools for Teaching
- Design and Development of Technological Environments for Training
- Design and Development of Training Materials
BRIDGING COURSES: (**)
- Information Technology and Communication Training
- Communication, Interaction and Collaboration
- Design of Curricular Projects Using ICT
(**) After checking the candidate’s transcript, the body responsible for admission can decide that the student must attend and satisfactorily complete some of the subjects that are programmed as bridging courses.
In addition to the subjects belonging to bridging courses, and depending on students' previous accredited studies, students may be required to study other optional subjects from the curriculum as bridging courses, up to a maxim of 30 credits.
A university degree in a field related to education or information and communication technologies.
Pre-enrolled students will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Suitability of the first degree (up to 40 points)
- Academic record in the university degree qualifying them for admission to the master's degree (up to 20 points)
- Curriculum vitae (up to 30 points)
- Interview, if considered necessary (up to 10 points)
- A good command of English (B2 or higher) will be considered a merit.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 27, 2017