The ambit of Computational Fluid Mechanics is constantly growing both in terms of scientific research and industrial and environmental applications. The most innovative technological advances depend in large measure on the implementation and use of advanced numerical simulation tools applied to engineer. This constant expansion is reflected in an increase in the demand for professionals who are highly qualified in Computational Fluid Mechanics.
The Interuniversity Master's Degree in Computational Fluid Mechanics (CFD) is jointly taught by the Universitat Rovira i Virgili and the International University of La Rioja and will train you to become a specialist in fluid mechanics in a wide range of ambits, including the energy, aerospace and automotive industries and the engineering, environment, biomedicine, bioengineering, and health sectors.
Furthermore, you will learn the computational knowledge needed to create mathematical algorithms applicable to the business sector, using numerical simulation programmes with free and commercial code that will enable you to choose the most suitable criteria for solving specific problems.
The URV's School of Chemical Engineering and the engineering center of the UNIR offer this programme online, thus combing the teaching experience of the URV with the technological infrastructure of the UNIR.
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili (coordinadora)
- Universidad Internacional de La Rioja (UNIR)
The Master's Degree is aimed at graduates in Engineering in ambits such as Physics, Energy, Chemistry, Mechanics, the Agri-Food industry, Civil Engineering, Aerospace, and Naval, Environmental and Automotive Engineering. The Master's Degree is also open to graduates in related areas of Engineering and who have basic academic training in fluid mechanics and mathematics.
Prospective students should also demonstrate the following qualities:
- An open attitude and a desire to learn through active participation in the communication channels used in online teaching.
- The capacity for analysis and synthesis.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal and team working skills.
- The method and discipline to keep following the course without the additional motivation enjoyed by students on face-to-face courses.
- A command of the most widely used IT tools and, even if only basic, of programming concepts.
Students will need a laptop to complete the master's degree and for examination. The laptop must have at least the following:
- Processor: Intel Core I5
- RAM: 4 GB
- Hard drive: 128 GB
- Windows 7 operating system or higher than 64 bits (may also be Linux)
Specific compulsory documentation
The documentation required for pre-registration.
You may also present documentation demonstrating complementary training, research and study visits, motivation and letters of recommendation.
Students will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Suitability of the access qualification: up to a maximum of 30 points according to the following order of priority:
- Graduates in engineering: up to a maximum of 30 points.
- Graduates in the sciences: up to a maximum of 25 points.
- Others: 0 points.
- Evaluation of the academic transcript of the official university qualification that enables the student to access the master's degree and of the university or origin: up to a maximum of 40 points.
- Complementary training relating to the content of the master's degree (courses, seminars, other training activities, with supporting documents): up to a maximum of 10 points.
- Others merits and achievements such as study visits (minimum 12 weeks, with supporting documents), motivation, letters of recommendation, personal interview: up to a maximum of 10 points.
However, if any places remain unfilled, the entity responsible for admissions may admit students without prioritizing them according to their merits, provided, that is, that they meet the access requirements.
In general, graduates of the Master's Degree in CFD are qualified for professional careers in businesses relating to the design and implementation of equipment relating to the transfer and containment of fluids, in the petrol and chemical industry, and in the aerospace and naval industries. There are also career opportunities in the food industry, the automotive and rail industries, the biomedical and pharmaceutical industries, businesses working in the ambit of the environment and meteorology, private and public research and development centers and the R+D+I departments of large companies and universities.