Learn how the power of finance can generate financial returns and tackle today's global challenges.
Why join the course?
Understand an investment approach that intentionally seeks to create both financial return and measurable positive social or environmental impact. By gaining an overview of the current landscape of impact investing, you will learn how you can play a role in the emerging sector. You will also gain a deep understanding of the subject by analyzing the range of investing and funding approaches used by impact investors.
What topics will you cover?
- The financial instruments and techniques used to fund social enterprises.
- Impact measurement components, tools and frameworks.
- The current market trends and key players of the impact investing ecosystem.
- The current challenges in impact investing and how to unlock opportunities to invest in social and environmental impact.
- The relevant skills required to get a job in the impact investment industry.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Identify a range of investing and funding approaches used by leading impact investors.
- Investigate different financial instruments and techniques used to fund social enterprises.
- Explore current market trends and key players of the impact investing ecosystem.
- Identify the different components of impact measurement.
- Explore the relationship between risk, return and impact.
Who is the course for?
This course is for financial and social sector professionals, and anyone interested to learn more about the promise and potential for impact investing.
Who will you learn with?
Jeremy is the Founding Director of the Jindal Centre for Social Innovation + Entrepreneurship (JSiE), an award-winning social impact centre at O.P. Jindal Global University.
Kartik, a pioneer in the impact investment industry, is the Executive Director of Asha Impact, one of India's leading impact investment and policy advocacy platforms.
Who developed the course?
Jindal Centre for Social Innovation + Entrepreneurship
The Jindal Centre for Social Innovation + Entrepreneurship (JSiE) is an award-winning social impact centre at O.P. Jindal Global University located in North India.
Asha Impact is an impact investment and policy advocacy platform for business leaders to make investments and provide strategic support to scale the most innovative social enterprises in India.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.