If you have the desire to turn your passion for computers into a career, The IT and Computing Diploma offered by Online Business School is definitely a course you should consider.
The Level 4 modules and assignments of this course are equivalent to the first year of a University Degree and the Level 5 modules and assignments are equivalent to the second year of a University Degree.
Our online Level 4/5 IT and Computing Diploma course is a 240-credit course, it includes 10 modules and written assignments at each level. The course is designed to equip you with the skills you need to Top-Up to a full Undergraduate Degree and go on to become an IT professional. While completing the course, students will have access to a variety of support services, including Tutor Support and Webinars, a Social Learning Forum, and additional materials to help in the completion of their Diploma course.
The fee for enroling onto the Level 4 and Level 5 courses together is £1800. Alternatively, students can enrol onto a single level (level 4 or 5) for £1500 each.
Students can make payment using one of the following methods:
- Credit or Debit Card
- Bank Transfer
- Interest-Free Monthly instalments
- Western Union
The cost includes:
- All Course Material, including online modules and written assignments.
- Personal tutor support with 1-2-1 Skype sessions
- Dedicated student support
- Access to an online Social Learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE NUS Extra card worth £12.00
- FREE Laptop
- Free CV Writing help on completion of the course.
Am I Eligible For This Programme?
To enrol onto the Level 4 course, you must be at least 18 and have a full secondary education. Before enroling on to the Level 5 course, you must complete the Level 4 or equivalent.
The ATHE Level 4/5 IT and Computing Course is made up of 10 modules and 10 written assignments at each level. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 5000-8000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
The Assignment unit titles for the level 4 course are:
- Management Information systems
- IT and Society
- Computer Systems and Software
- Computer Programming
- Relational Database Systems
- Software Engineering
- Systems Analysis and Design
- E-commerce Applications
- Human-Computer Interactions
- Information Systems Theory
More information about the Level 4 units can be found here https://athe.co.uk/level-4-computing/
The Assignment unit titles for the level 5 course are:
- Ethical, Legal and Regulatory Issues and Professional Responsibilities in IT
- Network Design
- Web-Based Development
- Database Design And Development
- Relational Database Systems
- Innovative Technologies in Computing
- Computer Research Methods
- Managing a Computing Project
- Software Development Methodologies
- Strategic Management Information systems
More information about the Level 5 units can be found here https://athe.co.uk/level-5-computing/
If you decide to top up to a full Undergraduate Degree through an accredited UK university, the costs are as follows. Please note, the below costs are for distance learning/online only. You have the option of finishing on campus, Costs will vary depending on which university you wish to complete your final year.
University of Derby
- Top-up Final Year in Computing and Information Technology BSc (Hons) – £4400
Southampton Solent University
- BSc (Hons) Information Technology for Business, fee £9,000, duration 9 months
- BSc (Hons) Business Information Systems (final year)
- BSc (Hons) Information Technology & Business Information Systems (top up)
NOTE: UK/EU students may be eligible for student loans for the top-up portion of their studies. Visit www.slc.co.uk for more information.
Whilst studying this course students will develop their skills in programming, systems analysis and design, software development. Upon successful completion of the course, students can pursue a career in IT within the public or private sector.
Program taught in: