“Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out”- Stephen Covey, leading author, entrepreneur and keynote speaker. Are you a new or aspiring junior manager interested in setting out on a rewarding career in which you can earn up to £37,000? This nationally recognised qualification provides you with core knowledge on what it takes to organise, manage and motivate work teams.
- Qualification gained:ILM Level 3 Certificate
- Place of study:Learn from home
- Duration:16 weeks
- Type of course:Online distance learning course with assessments
What topics are covered by the course?
- Unit 1: Solving problems and making decisions
- Unit 2: Planning and allocating work
- Unit 3: Understanding conflict management in the workplace
- Unit 4: Understanding stress management in the workplace
- Unit 5: Understanding discipline in the workplace
- Unit 6: Understanding the induction of new staff in the workplace
- Unit 7: Understanding performance management
- Unit 8: Understanding organising and delegating in the workplace
- Unit 9: Leading and motivating a team effectively
- Unit 10: Understanding leadership
Who is this course aimed at?
This qualification is ideal for anyone who is currently working in a junior managerial role or anyone who is looking to get a job where the role involves management knowledge as a key component of the position.
What will the student be able to do on completion?
This nationally recognised qualification provides you with core knowledge on what it takes to organise, manage and motivate work teams. The range of skills you acquire studying this course will allow you to become confident in your ability to perform competently within your role. As you learn the tools and techniques necessary for developing yourself as a leader, organisation and work delegation processes will be explored alongside the most effective techniques for managing conflict. Inductions, stress management and discipline within the workplace will also be covered, providing you with a fully rounded understanding of leadership and management, and allowing you to become an effective manager.
Upon studying this qualification, learners are eligible for a free studying membership with ILM for one year. A key membership benefit is access to ILMs Learning zone, events and resource centre.
How is the student assessed?
The assessment questions for this course will be file uploads from the learner that are then marked by your assessor/tutor. An assignment brief for each unit will be provided to you to breakdown exactly what is expected. You will then complete the assignment in line with the word count provided and then submit to EQUAL. This will then be assessed with the learning outcomes and feedback will be provided to you.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 14, 2017