History is the study of past events. To understand the present thoroughly, we need to look at past events and see how they are influencing the current state of the world. It would be impossible to understand the present social, economic and political climate without referring to the events of the 20th century. Similarly, it would be difficult to understand the events of the 1900s without looking at the 1800s. This IGCSE History Distance Learning Course will teach you all you need to know to pass the exam.
- Qualification: IGCSE History
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes
- Awarding Body: CIE - Cambridge International Examinations
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 300 Hours - 12 Months Max Support
- Recall, select and communicate knowledge and understanding of History
- Demonstrate an understanding of the past through explanation and analysis of:
- Unit 1: 19th-century core content: The Development of Modern Nation States 1848-1914
- Unit 2: Depth Study: Russia 1905-1941
- Unit 3: 20th-century core content: International Relations since 1919
- Unit 4: Depth Study: Israelis and Palestinians 1945-1994
Students looking to enrol in this course should meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 14 Years or above
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
- Basic computer skills: e.g Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc
- Have a genuine desire to succeed
To sit CIE examination students must register as a private candidate with an approved examination centre.
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 300. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.
We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side.
Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual. Completion can be as quickly or as slowly as you wish within the 12 month tuition period. If you require additional time an extension may be available. Extensions are arranged at an additional cost as and when needed.
Online: Access our premium online cloud-based learning system where you are able to access all of your course lessons, assignments and tutor correspondence in one place. Download the APP and access your course information on any device from anywhere in the world with an internet signal. This course is not available in hard copy/paper format.
We will begin by looking at what the examination board, will require of you in the way of examinations. You will be referred to what you need to do in terms of registration and arranging with an external centre for you to take the examinations.