Course details are below but here is a great opportunity to try before you buy! eBSI Export Academy is delighted to announce the launch of our free certificate program ‘Introduction to International Trade and eBusiness’ which is a short program of courses designed to give a foundation knowledge of the basics of exporting and prepare participants for further study within eBSI Export Academy’s more advanced programs. The program covers the following - Introduction to Exporting - Introduction to International Trade - International Methods of Payment - Introduction to eBusiness and Internet Marketing You can sign up for the Introduction to International Trade & eBusiness program at the eBSI Course Registration Page, and the program is designed that you should be able to complete it over a weekend if you so wish. Upon completion of this program, you will be awarded a certificate of completion that you can download and print for your records and CV. IFC Finance of International Trade Course Info: This course has been developed in collaboration with the International Finance Corporation and eBSI Export Academy. Over 800 participants have graduated from the program to date. Our Finance of International Trade Course is certified by the Institute of Export UK and provides 16 PDUs towards CDCS Re-Certification for the Certified Documentary Credit Specialist Accreditation offered by BAFT-IFSA and IFS (Institute of Financial Services). The Finance of International Trade Course comprises: - METHODS OF PAYMENT 4 hours - DOCUMENTARY COLLECTIONS 4 hours - DOCUMENTARY CREDITS FUNDAMENTALS 6 hours - MANAGEMENT OF DOCUMENTARY CREDITS 6 hours - BONDS AND GUARANTEES 5 hours - SHORT AND MEDIUM TERM FINANCE 5 hours - FACTORING 4 hours - EXPORT CREDIT AGENCY FINANCE 4 hours - STRUCTURED AND COMMODITY TRADE FINANCE 5 hours - TRADE FINANCE FRAUD IDENTIFICATION AND PREVENTION (5 hours) TOTAL 54 hours online learning approx. Participants have access to our online networking platform and updated forums which allow them to discuss international trade issues or practical questions regarding the interpretation of ICC or other international trade rules with other network members around the world. The cost of the whole package if taken separately outside of the IFC framework comprises of : - eBSI Finance of International Trade Course access for 2 years worth EUR 497 including certification and lifetime access to online campus community - Certificate in Finance of International Trade from the Institute of Export UK and IFC Certificate of Completion (worth 105 EUR). - Our Participants become a part of a network around the world of dedicated Trade Finance professionals with their dedicated portal at www.ifcfitinitiative.com worth EUR 97 per year. - we believe in bettering the opportunities for bankers and traders in emerging markets and also offer a jobs portal at http://jobs.ebsiexportacademy.com to that end which is worth EUR 97 per year. - We work constantly to improve the course and our services to you even after you have graduated and completed the FIT Program – with special IFC FIT Network member discounts on other training in related areas which is worth EUR 47 per year. - We have achieved recognition from the Institute of Financial Services in the UK whereby completing this program will provide 16 PDUs (the max you can accumulate in a year) towards recertification of the IFS Certified Documentary Credit Specialist (CDCS) Designation which is potentially worth EUR 97. - We also provide one year's membership of WebPortGlobal.com to all participants worth EUR 340 per year. Under the IFC Finance of International Trade Initiative, you can get all this for just EUR 550 per participant. We are delighted to announce that we have released a major update to the IFC FIT Program. As part of this update, we have decommissioned our old Online Campus and moved to an excellent third-party learning management system from Learnupon. We highly recommend you register for the new course for the following reasons:
- All units have been updated and now narrated to make the learning experience easier. If you have already completed some units it will be very easy to browse through the new unit to check for any updates and to then complete the units dedicated assessment.
- The new version will issue certificates specifying 2015/2016 Program whereas the V.2 version will reflect the earlier curriculum.
- The new modules have been restructured as you will see where Letter of Credit (LC) coverage is now split over two modules, one covering fundamentals and the other covering management of LCs.
- Factoring, Forfaiting and Invoice Discounting unit has been expanded to include more coverage of these topics.
- The ECGA and Warehouse Finance unit have been clarified to reflect its main focus on Export Credit Agency Finance and the content has also been expanded.
- Clearer coverage of Bonds and Guarantees in its dedicated unit including tips about using URDG 758.
- The unit on complex transactions has been rounded off with an introduction to Structured and Commodity Trade Finance to complement the existing coverage of Letters of Indemnity and Collateral Control in Trade Finance. The unit is now renamed Structured Commodity Trade Finance.
- IMPORTANT – EVERY Unit now includes a further reading section with between 4 and 7 supplementary reading documents covering topics which go deeper into the unit topic. These are not obligatory reading but will significantly broaden and deepen your knowledge of Trade Finance. That’s approx. 50 new documents to support your professional development!
- VERY IMPORTANT – Assessment system has been restructured to one assessment per section thus giving a broader and fairer opportunity to verify course content assimilation. This means you will know what to expect in the assessment before you take it because the questions will be directly related to the content of its associated learning unit. No more surprises!
- Assessments can now be retaken and you can review your performance in a test to see where you went wrong. Assessments draw questions randomly from a dedicated bank of questions associated with the learning unit you are being assessed on.
These are 10 big reasons to migrate to the new program! We are really proud of this major upgrade to the program which addresses a lot of feedback received from graduates of the program.
Contact us for more info and you will be given access to the first-course unit as a free demo starter for the course.
See 5 more programs offered by eBSI Export Academy »
Last updated November 16, 2018
This course is
2 - 3 months