ICB bookkeeping level 4, covering papers ABA8 & ABA9, this home study bookkeeping course covers the advanced stages of the ICB career path. This level 4 certificate covers the production of a set of accounts from incomplete records, advanced partnerships accounts and the preparation and interpretation of internal management accounts for incorporated bodies.
Successful students will be able to gain employment as a bookkeeper or indeed become self-employed, producing draft year end accounts for limited companies and limited liability partnerships in both manual and computerised formats using sage accounts software.
- Qualification: Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping & Accounts
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: No
- Industry Recognised: Yes
- Awarding Body: ICB- Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 120 Hours - 12 Months Max Support
- Credit Value: Not Applicable
Unit 1: Limited Company Accounts
- Prepare a set of final accounts for a limited company
- Define the term Limited Liability
- Understand its legal status
- Identify sources of capital – shares and debentures
- Distinguish between capital and revenue reserves
- Define shareholders’ equity
- Account for the issue of shares and debentures
- Account for dividends paid
- Prepare a set of final accounts to include adjustments and provisions, debenture interest paid and accrued, treatment of dividends and provision for corporation tax.
Unit 2: Limited Liability Partnerships
- Understand the nature of a limited liability partnership
- Understand the reasons for setting up a limited liability partnership
- Explain the limitations of the liability
- Prepare a set of final accounts for a limited liability partnership (internal management accounts only)
Unit 3: Incomplete Records
- Prepare a set of final accounts for incomplete records
- Determine the opening value of capital through the accounting equation
- Determine bank and cash balances
- Prepare ledger accounts to determine missing values for sales and purchases using mark up and margin, expenses and drawings
- Identify capital expenditure
- Identify stock loss
- Prepare adjustments for accruals and prepayments
- Prepare profit and loss account and balance sheet (manual system only)
Unit 4: Advanced Partnership Accounts
- Account for changes in a partnership
- Prepare accounting entries for a change of profit sharing ratio including the admission and retirement of a partner
- Account for the treatment of goodwill on such a change in partners
- Account for a revaluation of assets in a partnership
Unit 5: Interpretation of Financial Statements
- Understand the importance of interpreting financial statements for internal management purposes.
- Understand the link between profitability and liquidity.
- Have an awareness of the problems that might arise if long-term borrowing is significantly high in relation to capital invested in the business.
- Analyse and interpret financial statements.
- Calculate profitability ratios, liquidity/working capital ratios
Students looking to enrol in this course should meet the following criteria:
Students are required to take out an online subscription to the cloud-based Sage One software to complete the computerised paper BA6. Current cost £10 per month.
- Be aged 16 Years or above
- Have ICB Membership in place
- Have completed ICB level 3 certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounts
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
- Basic computer skills: e.g Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc
- Have a genuine desire to succeed
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 120. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.
We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side.
Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual. Completion can be as quickly or as slowly as you wish within the 12 month tuition period. If you require additional time an extension may be available. Extensions are arranged at an additional cost as and when needed.
This course is supplied in paper format and will be delivered directly to your chosen address. Students are able to complete their course assignments & email them direct to the tutor. Once received tutors will reply to you directly. We do not accept course assignments via post.
Students can normally expect to receive delivery of their course materials via courier within 3 working days of enrolment being received. However, we would ask you to allow 7 working days.
About the School
Whatever your goal and personal ambitions UK Open College are able to provide a totally flexible method of learning to students on an international scale. By completing an onliine course the possibili ... Read More