Human Services Certificate (HSV)
The online certificate program in human services is aimed at those entering or currently working in the human services field who have not graduated from college. The program offers survey courses on the topics of personal and community health, psychology, sociology and criminology to delve into social issues that create the need for human services.
The Human Services Certificate Program assists students in understanding and actively participating in the social services environment. The program emphasizes foundational knowledge, developing students’ strategic planning, design, and grant-writing skills. This program aligns with criteria established by the Council for Standards in Human Service Education.
- NSC 100 - New Student Course
- HSV 110 - Introduction to Human Services
- HSV 120 - Foundations in Human Development
- SOC 200 - Introduction to Sociology
- HSV 130 - Race, Ethnicity, and Minorities
- HSV 210 - Case Management for Human Services Professionals
- HSV 140 - Alcohol and Drug Addiction in Society
- HSV 220 - Communication Skills in Human Services
- HSV 250 - Applied Human Services Project
The field of Human Services comes under the healthcare department which has the fastest growing number of jobs. Students that successfully complete the Human Services Certification Program will be prepared to go into entry-level positions in this growing professional field. These professions are very demanding but are very satisfying for those that are interested in and want to support people. After acquiring the Human Services Certificate students can work at entry-level positions with healthcare providers and work with children, the elderly, jail inmates and juvenile offenders among others.