Discover what makes online content success and learn how to create engaging content that's in line with your business goals.
This course is part of the Creating Digital Content program, which will enable you to find out how to implement a successful social media marketing strategy online.
Master the art of creating successful online content for your business
What makes truly effective online content? On this course, you’ll find out how to create engaging content that meets your goals.
You’ll learn the value of delivering the right message to the right audience at the right time, and consider the importance of tone, style and format.
You’ll also hear from industry professionals on how to structure content plans and how to approach content creation for different platforms.
Finally, you’ll learn how to structure a content plan to respond to a specific brief.
Featured in the UK government’s The Skills Toolkit collection.
What topics will you cover?
- Define online ‘content’ and how content is planned with a specific intention.
- Critically examine online content and identify the messaging and intentions within it.
- Question the messaging and use of language in online content.
- Use practical strategies to communicate effectively online.
- Explore best practice in content media creation.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
- 28 September 2020
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Interpret the messaging and intention behind online content.
- Evaluate the use of tone and language in communication.
- Describe how various media formats are used to create compelling online content.
- Identify suitable content format for a particular purpose.
- Describe key considerations for creating online content in a variety of media.
- Apply suitable tones and techniques to communicate a message effectively.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices has evolved.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Digital Skills for the Workplace collection from the University of Leeds and the Institute of Coding.
Who will you learn with?
Digital content/community/ transformation consultant, facilitator and trainer with 22+ years of industry experience.
Also passionate about neurodiversity and ethical business. Drinks a lot of tea.
Who developed this course?
University of Leeds
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
Institute of Coding
The Institute of Coding is a family of learners, businesses and educators creating a new way to develop the digital skills needed at work and beyond.
The University of Leeds is offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Tests to validate your learning
- A PDF certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.