In today’s fast-moving world, many managers and supervisors are expected to deal with some human resource issues. They may be asked to take part in developing job descriptions, take part in interviews, or take responsibility for discipline.
This three-day workshop will introduce those managers to human resource concepts. We will walk you through the hiring process, from performing a skills inventory to conducting the interview; discuss orientation; and cover some issues that arise after the hiring (such as diversity issues, compensation, and discipline).
What students learn
- Discuss current issues in the human resource field and the changing role of supervisors and managers in terms of HR functions.
- Get new employees off to a good start.
- Understand compensation and benefits.
- Maintain healthy employee relations.
- Make performance appraisals a cooperative process.
- Defining human resources
- Finding candidates and advertising guidelines
- Preparing for and conducting the interview
- Employee orientation and onboarding
- Planning training and external providers
- Performance reviews
- Attendance management and diversity
- Privacy issues and compensation and benefits
- Managing disciplinary issues and termination
- Exit interviews
See 14 more programs offered by Churchill Square Training And Development »
This course is