- 100% online, no on-campus commitments
- Start your journey towards an MPM
- Complete 8 units in 16 months, part-time
- Flexible, convenient learning structure
- Duration: 16 months, part-time
- Advanced standing: Call us to see if you qualify
- Study periods: January, March, April, July, August, October
- Fees: $2590 per unit
- Units: 8
- Delivery mode: 100% Online
Set yourself up for success
Are you ready to build your skills and knowledge in project management?
Study the Graduate Diploma in Project Management with SCU Online. You’ll learn project management principles including initiation and planning; quality control and risk, project procurement, contract management; and portfolio and program management.
SCU Online’s Graduate Diploma in Project Management is Accredited by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM).
The skills and knowledge you learn studying a Graduate Diploma in Project Management are transferable across different roles and industries. Even if you completely change career – skills you learn while studying your diploma will come with you.
- Demonstrated professional standing – either a Bachelor’s degree (or a similar qualification) from a university or have other experience that we regard as equivalent to a degree.
- Be proficient in English.
What you will study
To get a Graduate Diploma in Project Management online, you need to successfully complete eight (8) units (96 credit points) comprising:
- All six (6) Part A units (They’re also the foundation units for Southern Cross University Online’s MPM)
- Two (2) Elective units from Part B
To qualify for your grad diploma, you will complete the core units from Part A, and choose two units from Part B
Part A: Core units
- Project Management Principles
- Project Management: Initiation and Planning
- Project Management: Quality, Control and Risk
- Leading and Managing Projects
- Project Procurement and Contract Management
- Portfolio and Program Management
Part B: Electives (choose 2 units)
- Accounting (2 units available)
- Business Management (5 units available)
- Engineering Management (2 units available)
- Health Services Management (4 units available)
- Information and Knowledge Management (3 units available)
- Managing and Leading People (4 units available)
- Project Administrator
- Senior Project Manager
- PMO Manager
- Business Intelligence Consultant
- Project Analyst
Your exceptional skills in project management help achieve business objectives.
You may undertake the administration of contracts, organisational programs, special projects and support services. You are a major point of contact for business stakeholders and you will have a unique ability to anticipate business needs.
Senior Project Manager
You may work as part of the Project Management Office (PMO) on projects within a program or may be a lead project manager on a given project, developing, planning and delivering projects systematically – using tools and change management frameworks.
As the manager of the Project Management Office, you’ll ensure the successful delivery of project services, including the scope and variation control, timelines and schedules, costs, estimates, quality assurance, risk and issue management, communications, procurement and contracts, document control, steering committee reporting and more.
Business Intelligence Consultant
Design intelligent business solutions for your workplace and your clients. Use your knowledge of tools and technologies to implement business solutions and manage projects.
Support the implementation and delivery of strategic and resourcing initiatives across the business. Analysis and management of data collected may also be part of your role.
Pathway to Master of Project Management
When you finish your Graduate Diploma in Project Management, if you wish to take your learning further you can apply for Southern Cross University Online’s Master of Project Management and receive advanced standing for the units you have completed. This is a fantastic starting point for gaining an industry-accredited Masters degree.
If you think you might continue with further project management study, talk to your Enrolment Advisor about it now. They can help you plan your units of study to make sure you’ll meet the requirements of each postgraduate qualification, every step of the way.