Become a specialist in community health
Do you want to become an expert in community health? USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Health (Community Health) is designed for health professionals who want to learn the theory and practical components of community health. With the knowledge and skills gained from this degree, health professionals will be able to analyze and address human health and social well-being issues within a community health framework.
After completing the Graduate Certificate of Health, you have the option to take the credit from your studies and go on to complete the Graduate Diploma of Health or the Master of Health.
Strengthening the professional development of health professionals working in related areas of their chosen specialization, the Graduate Certificate of Health enables graduates to become experts in their field.
Courses to be studied
- 1 x core course (1 unit)
- 3 x specialization courses (3 units)
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
Study Mode/ Cost
- Domestic full fee paying: AUD 10520
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP allow you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Completed a 3-year bachelor degree in a health-related field from an Australian or internationally recognized university, or equivalent, or...
- Completed a minimum of one (1) years' professional work experience equivalent to a qualification at AQF Level 8.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 1, 2019 - applications close Monday 18 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 25 February 2019.
- Semester 2, 2019 - applications close Monday 1 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 15 July 2019.
If you are applying via QTAC, you will need to check the QTAC closing dates.
Credit for previous study or work experience
You may be eligible for credit if you have previously studied or have relevant work experience. This will help to reduce the number of courses that you need to study to finish your program.