- 100% online, no on-campus commitments
- Start your journey towards an MPM
- Complete 4 units in 8 months, part-time
- Flexible, convenient learning structure
- Duration: 8 months, part-time
- Advanced standing: Call us to see if you qualify
- Study periods: January, March, April, July, September, November
- Fees: $2590 per unit
- Units: 4
- Delivery mode: 100% Online
Progress your project management career
Set your project management career up for success. Study the Graduate Certificate in Project Management with SCU Online.
Accredited by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM), through SCU Online’s online graduate certificate in project management, you’ll be introduced to core competencies including risk, control, planning, implementation, evaluation, collaboration and systems analysis.
If you’re new to study or returning after a break, a Graduate Certificate in Project Management online can help you build your practical skills in project management and grow your confidence too. If you find you love it, everything you study can be credited towards a Southern Cross University Online Graduate Diploma in Project Management or a Master of Project Management (MPM).
The skills and knowledge you learn studying a Graduate Certificate in Project Management are transferable across role and industry. Even if you changed careers completely – the skills you learn while studying your grad cert come with you.
- Demonstrated professional standing – either a Bachelor’s degree (or a similar qualification) from a university or have other experience that we regard as equivalent to a degree.
- Be proficient in English.
What you will study
To qualify for a Graduate Certificate in Project Management online, you will complete four units. You will need to complete the compulsory core unit, Project Management Principles, and then take two units from Part A and one unit from Part A or B.
Part A: Core units
- Project Management Principles
- Project Management: Initiation and Planning
- Project Management: Quality, Control and Risk
- Leading and Managing Projects
- Project Procurement and Contract Management
- Portfolio and Program Management
Part B: Elective units*
- Accounting (2 units available)
- Business Management (5 units available)
- Engineering Management (2 units available)
- Health Services Management (4 units available)
- Information and Knowledge Management (3 units available)
- Managing and Leading People (4 units available)
*The elective units running will depend on what intake you begin your studies.
If your career demands excellent project management skills – a postgraduate study in project management can help set your projects up for success. Where will your Grad Cert take you? Here are some examples:
- Project Administrator
- Senior Project Manager
- PMO Manager
- Business Intelligence Consultant
- Project Analyst
Your exceptional skills in project management help achieve business objectives.
You may undertake the administration of contracts, organisational programs, special projects and support services. You are a major point of contact for business stakeholders and you will have a unique ability to anticipate business needs.
Senior Project Manager
You may work as part of the Project Management Office (PMO) on projects within a program or may be a lead project manager on a given project, developing, planning and delivering projects systematically – using tools and change management frameworks.
As the manager of the Project Management Office, you’ll ensure the successful delivery of project services, including the scope and variation control, timelines and schedules, costs, estimates, quality assurance, risk and issue management, communications, procurement and contracts, document control, steering committee reporting and more.
Business Intelligence Consultant
Design intelligent business solutions for your workplace and your clients. Use your knowledge of tools and technologies to implement business solutions and manage projects.
Support the implementation and delivery of strategic and resourcing initiatives across the business. Analysis and management of data collected may also be part of your role.
Pathway to Master of Project Management
When you finish your Graduate Certificate in Project Management, if you wish to take your learning further you can apply for Southern Cross University Online’s Graduate Diploma in Project Management or Master of Project Management and receive advanced standing for the units you have completed. This is a fantastic starting point for gaining a Masters degree.
If you think you might continue with further project management study, talk to your Enrolment Advisor about it now. They can help you plan your units of study to make sure you’ll meet the requirements of each postgraduate qualification, every step of the way.